Notice how many SACD collections for sale?

Does this say something about the state of the medium? Have you pondered throwing in the hi-rez towel?
128x128seasoned
SACD dying? That's funny because nobody seems to have told the hardware guys, they all offer SACD players and keep coming out with new ones. That tells me more than a few collections up for sale here.

As for me, I've got a very large collection that I'll keep adding to and have no plans to part with until I die.
SACD will go on with the "audiophile" labels and some others. It won't replace CD - mp3 will replace CD. It's already doing so quickly.

Just like the newer LPs coming out with new material and remastered old material, SACD will follow suit. And everyone who is jelous because they don't have SACD will continue with the SACD is dying threads hoping it will go away. But it will plague them for years. Blue Ray, blah blah - don't hold your breath. There is nothing else on the horizon that will replace CD other than mp3 in the next 5+ years and probably longer.

XRCD is good but double the price, so it's not competitive at $30.

HDCD sounds great on my Sony XA777ES as does standard redbook.
yes i agree with Robm321.....have you noticed how many vinyl auctions there are on this site and ebay? SACD is going to be around for awhile...fortunatley.
I don't care one bit about comments that anything is dying, but I do think some try to be at the front of the wave.

I have been so impressed with the improvements with the RealityCheck on redbook that I wonder about how wise it is to buy further sacds. I made a RC copy of the hybrid redbook layer of a favored sacd. Comparing the sacd with the RC redbook leads me to favor the redbook, although the sacd sounds smoother and with a wider, less forward sound stage. It is just not a real sounding as the RC redbook.

Will I sell my 500 sacds? Probably not as there may be further improvements in reading them as there have been for redbook.