Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
debit_g
I'm not sure whether it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I read that someone was very happy pairing the Nenuphars with the Line Magnetic 845 Premium integrated.  Actually I think several in their line would make good mates--damping factor won't be an issue, but you have to look for their circuits with no negative feedback.  Price wise I think you're looking at $9-12K but don't quote me.
Onhwy61,
Well, david_ten who has owned the Nenuphars for a couple of years could certainly chime in with some informed insight. Based on what I’ve read and heard about this speaker I’d say that probably 70% is attributed to the remarkable driver’s exquisite design parameters and its successful execution/implementation. Many hours and tedious effort along with extensive trial and error were required.

The speaker cabinet dimensions/geometry/physics and chosen material and construction technique probably account for the remaining 30%. If you carefully read the original 6 Moons review you will appreciate there was major effort needed to get the cabinet right. I believe that the cabinet plays a large role in the final sound quality that is not given suitable credit for.

The driver and motor/magnet assembly is an outstanding end result and would work beautifully in other DIY cabinets ( If well thought out ). But without question the special Nenuphar cabinet is a crucial aspect for this speaker’s resounding success. A ton of talent, effort, knowledge and patience went in to getting the Nenuphar right.
Charles
debjit_g,
Line Magnetic is an excellent suggestion for a very high quality tube (Particularly SET as well as push pull) integrated amplifiers. I’d also recommend that you consider the Italian Tektron brand as well. They offer quite a large stable of integrated amplifiers as push pull or SET. This is the brand of amplifiers that Cube Audio always selects in their European audio shows and demonstrations.

I believe that most of their models fall well within your budget range.
Charles
debjit_g, 
Here's another possibility.  The Canadian company Coincident has an integrated amplifier named the Dynamo. It is available in two versions, el 34 or 300b (A bit more expensive but I think excellent for the Nenuphar). Both of these are single end circuits rather than push pull. The latest versions have bigger and  better output transformers and beefed up power supplies. Worth a thought.
Charles 
If you want to stay with your FirstWatt amplifier, I have had excellent results with a tube preamp from Backert. All of their models have very long tube life and are very easy to tube roll (I recommend the Mullard 12au7).

Robert