Power amp recommendation for Harbeth 30.2s

It’s not that I don’t like my current setup, it’s just that I wonder whether a more powerful amp would give the music more heft.  I’m running a pair of Harbeth 30.2s through a Prima Luna EVO 300 preamp driven by a vintage YBA Passion SS 400 power amp (purchased second hand from a reputable dealer).  I listen primarily to music streamed  from my FLAC stored collection on my NAS or from Qobuz through a Bluesound Node 2 into a Chord Qutest.   The YBA is very transparent and I love the sound of my system, but sometimes wonder on certain types of music whether a more powerful amp would be an improvement.  I like the idea of a SS or hybrid power amp paired with a tube preamp.  I chose the although  the Prima Luna preamp after listening to a Prima Luna integrated against a Hegel H590 (I had previously owned the Hegel H190) and purchased the YBA at the same time.  My listening choices are varied (folk, jazz, alternative, vocal, rock (not metal), so I’m not looking for ear shattering volume.  I don’t like the idea of a tube power amp due to both cost and how hot they can run.  I’m captivated by the Pass amps, but they are expensive.  I’ve also wondered about the Van Alstine hybrid amps.  I’m throwing this out to the experts because I may be overthinking this and should just be satisfied with the YBA until it finally fizzles (it’s pretty old).  Thoughts?
bfleetwood
@bfleetwood

your yba is 125 wpc currently... as i recall yba’s are quite fairly rated, not weak for their stated ratings

so 250 wpc gives you 3 db more headroom, 500 wpc 3 db more

how much do you need?

i think 2leftears hits the nail on the head, you are really asking what amps might sound different... only one way to find that out...

if you want an idea, try a big hegel... alan shaw uses an h360 them to voice his speakers
I hear what everyone is saying, but I’m trying to understand if the amp pairing with my PL tube preamp is more than just watts.  On the Harbeth site, there are inconclusive discussions about power, gain and dynamic headroom.  I’m certainly a neophyte compared to so many who comment on this site, but getting live tryouts of amps is difficult (too many manufacturers and too few high quality dealers).  The Hegel H30 might be an option, although how well it will pair with my PL is a question.  Also, why not the Van Alstine FET valve 400 or another pure SS amp.  Do all 200 wpc amps provide the same gain and dynamic headroom?  It is clear from following this site that not all amps are created equally.  I’ve been told repeatedly through my decades of listening to hi if that certain components pair better with others.  All these platitudes only leave me more confused.
You’ll have to try it to see. Many do like more powerful amps with Harbeths. But to some degree that’s just one factor in choosing an amp that you like with your speakers. The reason the discussions are inclusive is that it’s a matter of taste and preference. I am rather objectively oriented, but I'm always surprised at how different the sound is from different amps paired with a set of speakers.

My own preference is for powerful amps. To me, they give better control of the speakers and better bass. I’m using a Bryston 4B3 now; and the 14B SST I used before sounded GREAT. With my P3ESRs, I’m using a Marsh Sound Design A400s (200 wpc into 8 ohms, 330 wpc into 4).
@bfleetwood

I don’t have your specific PL Evo linestage but I do have a PL Dialogue Premium HP amp... from that piece I would venture to say that your PL unit will sound quite different with different input tubes in the key 2 gain positions (see your manual or the PL site, they specify which positions are key). Are you still running the poor, stock PL-supplied Chinese tubes in your EVO? If so I suggest you get some better, old stock 12au7’s. That will alter the presentation substantially. This is important, as you know, because your PL precedes the power amp, so even a subtle change there is magnified by the YBA...

Another idea, if you really want to hear what Alan Shaw intends the Mon 30 to sound like, is go on USAM and pick up a Hegel integrated... there are several there now... a Rost or a H160 can be had at a bargain... (you can resell it in a jiffy at those prices... like Harbeths, Hegels are always in demand). Then, you take the PL out of the chain, hear the speakers with the Hegel driving... that is your reference, your ’base case’ sound you then vary from with other gear... i promise you will hear more clarity slightly more bass solidity more incisive attack than you are hearing now... whether you will like that sound you can decide

jjss49, I think your advice no the tubes is a good one.  Where does one go to pick those up?  Regarding the Hegel, your probably didn’t notice that the PL/YBA combo replaced a Hegel H190.  I actually like the sound of my current set-up much better.  I decided on the PL preamp after I compared a PL integrated with the Hegel H590 and concluded that there was no comparison.  Nevertheless, I like having a SS power amp better due to the “heat” issues with running a tube power amp.  At this juncture, I am searching for a more powerful SS alternative to pair with my PL thinking that the added power output will provide bigger sound.  A friend of mine who also has a pair of Harbeth 30.2s runs through a refurbished Conrad Johnson pre, but upgraded a Rogue tube amp to a refurnished Counterpoint hybrid power amp.  When he made the change, I agreed with him that the more powerful Counterpoint was a significant upgrade.  The system sounded bigger (and better).  That is what I’m looking for and hope that others have similar experiences that they would like to share.  Thanks for your help and the tube recommendation.