During this isolation, I would be interested in suggestions of great movies you like.

please suggest films you feel are worth, actually very worthy, of watching now?  Looking for very good and intelligent films.  As far as ones that simply pass the time, that will be for another day.  I may have the most interest in any classics I may have missed.....you know, films like 'Howdy Doody, Man or Myth"...and "Sex and the Single Dentist". 

whatjd
Ben Hur - The chariot race will never be equalled

How the West Was Won

Sexy Beast

The Cook , the thief ,His wife and her Lover

The Ipcress File

• Man Bites Dog.

• A black comedy (shot in B&W )and requiring English subs the story of a professional  Serial killer. I found it really funny.
  • Ran.
  • An epic Kurosawa. Ran is Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa’s reinterpretation of William Shakespeare’s King Lear. Other films he made including Seven Samurai are well worth investigating.
  • The Game.
  •  An Australian Comedy from the late seventies. An Aussie sense of humour is not required, its funny to all.
  • Fitzcarraldo.
  • Werner Hertzog Dir "The movie is wonderful, but the story behind the making of the movie is practically unbelievable - but it is true. I urge anyone interested in Fitzcarraldo or the hazards of motion picture making in the jungle to also see Burden of Dreams, Les Blanks’ movie about the making of Fitzcarraldo"
  • The Tin Drum. "
  • The Tin Drum is a 1979 film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Günter Grass. It was directed and co-written by Volker Schlöndorff. It was mostly shot in West Germany. "
  • Come and See.
  • Another epic Movie. "After finding an old rifle, a young boy joins the Soviet resistance movement against ruthless German forces and experiences the horrors of World War II."