Is the most efficient speaker the best speaker?

Is the most efficient speaker the best speaker -- all other things being equal?
pmboyd
Charles1dad
"But,to each his own"
Triode , words of wisdom. The low power amp/high efficiency combination seems to more sucesfully present the flesh and blood, living breathing presence that`s so convincing. This ability to consistently create such realism is what pull me over to this genre.(is it the much simpler circuits and fewer parts?). Trumpets,pianos,saxaphones and human voice is simply much closer to what I hear at live performances, the palpable reproduction is stunning at times.

Yes, this may be true for some such systems. But, one cannot say that is the exclusive domain of SET amps and high efficiency speakers. Just another way to get at natural/live performance with a sound system. It's a big audio world out there folks! Again, my current rig gets closer to what Charlesdad describes then my past horn/SET rigs.

To each his own and several roads can lead to the same destination.
Hello Unsound,

@ 15 feet the 100db/w/m horn would have an out put of 76 db/w the planer would have an output of 74db/w, what is it you want me to refigure ...?

regards,
OK as i had mentioned manytimes before we need to give an REFERENCE when we are determining sensitivity each meter represents a 6 db drop for the horn as opposed to to a 3 db drop for a planer/ribbon/ESL linesource.

We cannot compare Sensitivity without setting parameters ,giving references and comparing apples.

Regards,
Grannyring,
We`re in agreement, I`m just expressing my personal experiences as you are yours, we`ve just found different routes. If you`re as pleased with your music as I am then we`re both very happy.