Mojo Audio Mystique EVO

Mojo Audio updated their website yesterday with details on the next generation of the Mojo Mystique DAC, the Mystique EVO.

Unlike the V3, the EVO has upgrade options for component, isolation and shielding upgrades - at purchase or to be upgraded later.   The website states there are plans to release new boards for ethernet/roon, and other dac chips like the PCM63.

I pre-ordered an EVO in late February with a few upgrades.  I'm expected to receive it in 1-2 weeks, and I'll post my impressions after some time with it.  I currently have the Mystique V3 and I find it fantastic.  Really looking forward to hearing Ben's next iteration.

veroguy
I just grabbed a used Mystique V3 Balanced this week and it is incoming. 

It will be my first R2R DAC and I'm excited to try it vs my recent handful of DACs (SimAudio, Bricasti, Topping, and currently RME).

I'll be using the SPDIF interface from a Roon endpoint (Raspberry Pi based).
@ddafoe , nice!  Would love to learn what you think of the V3, and how it compares to your other DACs.

I've had the EVO for a couple months now.  Continues to impress.
@grannyring @veroguy Your speakers may perform better at louder volumes. For example, there’s a consensus that the Scanspeak Revelator series woofers are power-hungry speakers, which means that the woofers sing their best at louder volumes than at low levels. This information is from users that I’ve talked to for home and car audio systems.

I have experience with 7100 and 6600 AirCirc tweeters on the dash of my car, and I currently use the Revelator woofers in my Ellam-FLEX 3W. These speakers keep their composure at loud volumes, and you’re naturally going to hear more details.

I’m not saying that you’re not hearing what you’re hearing. I believe you regarding the sound swelling as you turn up the volume. You know your system better than anyone, and I’m looking forward to owning a Mojo EVO DAC in the future.
I was also interested in the “can’t get it loud enough” ‘type’ of statements. I’ve had components before that made the system seem like I couldn’t ever get it loud enough. That’s not preferable for me. Not my goal to have to have more volume to ‘get there’, especially not +10db. 
 I’ve always thought this was a symptom of rounded-off transients or a lack of ‘bite’ to the sound, that, imo some music needs. Sometimes smoothness can be taken to far and upset the ‘excitement’ factor... Probably not the case here though ??