Vintage KEF vs new Salk

Hi all,
I recently started a thread asking if posters think I could do better with modern speakers vs my KEF Reference 3.2s. Unfortunately, my speakers need refurbishing to sound the way they should, so now my follow-up question is: am I better off sinking  bucks into what I have, perhaps upgrading some elements, or should I get one of the Salks I've been looking at? I just emailed Jim Salk to ask about the silk tower, song3 encore, and Veracity 2 and ST, so I'm sure I'll get useful info about my options there, based on the details of my room and such.
I don't have the urge to repeat all the info I provided in my earlier thread about my other equipment, what I listen to, etc. Perhaps someone could simply speak generally about how the two options might sound relative to one another in any room, as well as the likely cost of a non-DIY KEF fix-up.
Thanks,
Marc
128x128m669326
Marc,
I forgot to mention that the front polymer baffle housing the two midrange drivers is removable. There are 6 screws attaching it to the cabinet. I think they are hex head screws but might be torx.
Thanks once more.
 I take it you're not familiar with the ATC SCM 40 v2?
The seller just came down $500 this morning - an interesting coincidence. I'm leaning toward these right now. I just started a thread to compare them with Song3 Encores. Any thoughts?
m669326,
Those ATC's are very fine speakers with a great midrange (and everything else). I think they would be hard to beat, and they are made by a company who really knows what they're doing, and are very grounded in solid science and engineering. 
OP, I don't know the Kefs but I just got some Salk SS 6M's. Happy to let you know about them Feel free to message me.