Most significant upgrade

Guy and gals, I know i'm leaving myself vulnerable here so be gentle. What would you feel my most significant real world upgrade would be,,,,,,,,,keep in mind I don't want to spend my son's entire college fund on this "upgrade" so keep it real,

Peace and Love
jimbojrjb
Thanks for the wide variety of responses. One thing I should not is the room is set up quite differently than the pics show.......sorry for any confusion. I the ML's firing long ways in the room which is 14' x 19' with velvet curtains behind and room tune panels on the reflective surfaces adjacent via "Jim Smith's" flashlight technique. I also had no idea I had a "toy" for a turntable.......It's quite funny but I did listen to nearly every turntable and arm combo in the entire southeastern part of the US from Virginia down to Miami and for the money spent, the Rega P5 sounded pretty damn good............although the new VPI Classic 3 blew me away, but so did the price. I tend to agree with Mezmo as I am sitting back listening to Margo Timmons Live Trinity Sessions LP (after having heard them live in New Orleans) with a big freakin grin on my face.......greed can get the best of us, but I do appreciate all the comments/opinions. Both the good and the bad.

On a more specific question, I can't count on both hands how many folks have suggested the Vandy 2's, including the dealer I purchased the Rogue from. What about the Harbeth Compact 7s??

Inna: A toy?? Seriously???
The reason I suggested the 2CE sigs is because I am familiar with the sound of both your current speakers and the 2 CE sigs. For the type of music you listen to, and your integrated that you are using. The Vandersteen speakers have a frequency range of 29Hz to 29kHz, 6ohms nominal 4 ohm minimum. Your MLs are 40Hz to 20kHz, and drop down below 2 ohms in the upper frequency extremes, the Harbeths are 46Hz to 20kHz but I am not familiar with the sound of Harbeth speakers so I will not comment on that. So the Vandys will play lower than the other two. I also agree completely with the room treatment suggestions as well. BTW your Rega is not a toy.

Dan
Hi Jim,

Well i think that several items need to be addressed here.
1. Room treatment in it's scope is all very well but if you "tune" the room to your present collection of audio products then make a component change the sound will alter the playing field somewhat
2. If you start the dreaded "upgrade" path then the funds are sure to be depleted!...:-)

My advise is to MODESTLY equalize the capabilities of your sources, blending in what style of performance YOU ENJOY...
Then purchase the least expensive loom of cables that will neither enhance/subtract from the sound achieved and then purchase the software i.e. cd's,lp's or what have you.

This will save you time, money and hard audiophile lessons!

GOOD LUCK!

Jake
Yes, a toy. As I suggested, try Nottingham or one of those German tables - Acoustic Signature, Acoustic Solid etc. and you will agree. Yes, of course, it'll cost some money.
Well, at the very least you could upgrade to P7.
Speaking financially, serious analog starts at about $3000 new for table/arm. Plus cartridge.
You asked for significant upgarde, that's my opinion. You like your speakers so I said nothing about the possibility of upgrading them.