Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo
@protoss71 Great that they are shipping soon!  I've heard the EML 300BXLS can last 40k hours, but I assumed that was in a 300b circuit which makes the tube loaf at 8w.  My Allnics are Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks require 4 pairs of 300bxls at they drive each tube at 15wpc so I figure they might not last as long since they are driven much harder.  I sold my Allnics recently and now just enjoy my Pass XA25 Amp.  It's a great match with the Encores, very SET like for a solid-state amp.  Update us when you get your Encores set up. 
Looking at Tekton website and your original post, I noticed some differences. Now it seems as though they are 7 inch mid bass drivers instead of 6.5, and the woofer is dropped from 11 inches to 10 inches. I hope it’s not a bait and switch, put the product out initially with high-quality drivers, get good reviews, then downgrade the drivers. And the weight has dropped from 175 pounds to 145 pounds. Hopefully it is just a refinement of the product. 
@protoss71 Yeah I copied what used to be on site a couple of years ago. Not sure how mine compare to the newest ones produced.  I do know he got rid of the midbass ports recently too. He also lowered the price from what I paid originally. 
Protoss71,
On the surface I can understand your concern/skepticism. The 30 pound weight reduction (roughly 17%) per speaker isn’t insignificant. Could it be due to smaller magnet assemblies/inductors/ cabinet/bracing? I do not believe that Tekton would intentionally lessen the quality of the Encore.

Does not make sense to me (Shooting themselves in the foot). My suspicion is that these changes you cite are probably efforts to improve and refine an already highly praised product. Youll be able to listen and judge for yourself  soon. My hunch is that youll be very happy with the Encores.
Charles
They are here!  Still in the boxes. Will unpack them this weekend. @jcarcopo, did your Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier have only an 8 ohm output? And were your Encores 4 ohm? I will be driving my 4 ohm encores with an 8 ohm tap from my Woo Audio WA5 occasionally.