Q acoustics harsh high end

Please help.
Just bought a Pioneer network reciever and a pair of 3050s. I realise this isn't top end equipment but at any sort of volume the upper frequencies are harsh,  very noticeable on female voices. The last system I had was started back in the late 70s with a pair of MA4s, then a denon amp, 50W I think, then I added a mid range Marantz cd player.
I remember having absolutely no issues with the sound quality. I have tried placing the system in a different room. I have tried a different amp (Marantz 63KI). I have tried a different Cd player but all sound the same, bright, harsh top end. Im begining to think it's the speakers but the reviews are almost unanimously brilliant. I'm wondering if I should get some second hand MA 352s
Any advice would be welcome

John 
jlj
On-axis measurements of Q Acoustics 3020 (purple trace)

While not your exact model, it is from the same range and should be similar. So, wether it be the 1kHz peak or emphasized treble >5kHz, it can sound bright.

Have you tried with and without toe-in? Maybe with grills on?

No speaker cable can attenuate treble by 3dB+, so if you can’t get used to the sound, return them.

This is why I never go off of only reviews, if measurements don’t exist (of at least any modern speaker the company has made) and/or I can’t return them without B.S. re-stocking fees (I’m fine with paying return shipping), I usually never buy such products.
Post removed 
Sorry for the late reply Pogbomer, I only just received the notification. 
The general consensus was that my harsh top end would either disappear in time or was the result of the environment. Well many hours have passed and I have tried the speakers in different settings and to be honest,  there still disappointing. 
Which amplifier are you using?
Also, are you using any DAC?

Try and check if there are lot of reflecting surfaces in your room. Cover the floor in front of the speakers with carpet.
Raise the front spikes using a cardboard or rubber to about 1 cm.
Do not toe in a lot, a slight toe in about 7-10 degree is sufficient.
What's the distance from the rear wall? Try changing it to 30-35cm.
What's the distance between the two speakers?
It should be a minimum 6ft approx.
Are there objects directly in front of the speakers? If yes the what's the distance.
Is there a tv between your setup? If yes, then cover the TV with a cloth since that too acts as a reflecting surfaces.
If there are cabinets between the setup, makes sure it is not hollow and if it is then fill it with books etc.