Perpetual Technologies P3A DAC

Hello everyone,
I have read quite a bit about the P3A and am currently looking at a DAC that can process 24 bit. I know the "best" way to go is a modified unit (Stan Warren, etc.) and the upgraded power supply. My only concern is that there are no dealers for this product - i.e., I have to "trust" that I'll like it. I've contacted PT on this and they touted their 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied. From what I've read however, this unit has a long "break-in" period and I don't think I'd be able to clock the 300 plus hours in that time frame. I currently have a AA DTI-PRO32 but my current DAC is an older 20 bit model (Parasound DAC1000). My question(s) are this: Would the P3A (standard - no mods) be a noticeable improvement? And has anyone paired this with a DTI-PRO32 instead of the P1A? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm the kind of person that likes to listen before I buy (as I'm sure most are) and I am a little hesitant to go on faith. Are there any other recommendations for a good DAC w/ 24 bit (besides the MSB DAC Link III) that is in a similar price range? Thanks!!!
treyhoss
Hi Treyhoss,
No, I am not from TX either. But, again, you can just try it for 30days, OR you may want to ask Mark Schifter himself or Jon Lane to rent you the "burnt-in" unit (there must be some as a few people have actually returned after trial).
Anyway, you will have nothing to lose. Let us know the outcome.
Ken