Mat for Rega P10

I decided to start this discussion to hear different experiences from Rega RP10 and P10 users. I know Rega does not suggest replacing their own, supplied with turntable, mat as doing so can degrade the sound but I have to say that I am loyal opposition to that concept, looking for replacement ASAP.

I know Framer recommended the Stein Music The Perfect Interface Carbon mat but $625 for mat is quite steep I think. Even the cheapest one is $250 and I do not consider It a bargain. 

Does anybody here use either of those two mats and can share some insight as to why they are so expensive and if they really make that much of a difference?

arturgorniak
My white leather mat that I bought on Amazon initially for my RP10 and later transferred to my P10 is 1.5mm thick (same as the P10 stock white mat).  If the P8 stock felt mat is 2.0mm thick then it's different from the P10 stock mat.  I think the leather mat is better than stock for static and sound quality.  I'm really not unhappy with the leather mat but if the Teac sounds as good and totally eliminates the static sticking issue, I'll be good.  The Herbie's mat has a lot of positive reviews so I ordered it out of curiosity.  If I like the Teac on the P10, I may try the Herbie's on my LP12.
@smatsui 
My understanding is that Way Excellent 2 mat is not a really recommended product for ceramic platters...thats where Grungebuster Turntable Mat comes into place.....BUT I would be rather skeptical to spend $145 for a mat....
I have been using Teac mat for a while (66 records played to be exact) and I find it a great product that does not introduce static, stays on the platter, and looks sweet....
I gave up after more frustration with the Washi lifting off with the record. Ordered Herbies -it’s silicon underneath to hold onto the platter and have some absorption/sponginess and has a layer on top. It was $60. Hopefully this will do it.
@arturgorniak , I actually ordered the Grungebuster as well, I'm also thinking about ordering a Stein Perfect Interface standard mat.  Both Herbie's mats come with a 60 day full refund return policy so not much of a risk.
Matsui-you really wil be a mat analyst. I thought I was going off the deep end with this,but it looks like you already dove right in. Interested to hear what you think, but the P10 ceramic is different than the P8 multi layer outer weighted Glass combo platter, which could explain why the Washi is working for arturgorniak and not me. Anxious to try Herbie’s this week.