Wilson Alexia 2

Any suggestions for electronics for these speakers. Something that would do them justice but moderately priced.  Is McIntosh a good match or is there something better in that price range?  Ie: Spectral, ARC, Krell.  Looking for bang for the buck but not cheat the speaker either. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcarey1110
Carey,
I'm glad that you had the opportunity to hear Spectral and judge for yourself.  I understand your description. It's one thing to make sound (Even good sound by Hifi criteria). It's another thing to establish an emotionally communicating music listening experience. If you aren't drawn into the music performance,  keep looking/searching until you find it.
Charles 
Many times. An all Spectral  system with Wilson presents an extremely accurate but, IMHO slightly antiseptic sound--unlike, say, D'Agostino, Wells audio, Lamm 1.2 (hybrid) or tubes (ARC, VTL, VAC, BAT) which are my personal favorites because they draw me in more than solid state.
OTOH, I love their cd player. 
I like tubes too I just figured that with the Alexia 2 id probably need amps with a lot of control so I though a solid state would be better for that reason. Anyone using tubes with the Alexia 2 ?
They are regularly shown at show with VTLs and the dealer in NYC shows them almost exclusively with VTLs.  It is a brilliant match.

Check out AVM.  Their Ovation 8.3s have a tube input stage with a high power SS output stage and have an amazing depth of sound.  It is kind of best of both worlds.  I just sold a pair of their flagship monos to a customer and am waiting on delivery.