Goldenear Triton One.R - can it be driven with low power tube amp?

I’m currently driving my Goldenear Triton One.R speakers with substantial monoblock solid state amps. However the Triton One.Rs have internal 1.6 kilowatt amplifiers for the lowest frequencies. So my primary amps are only driving the midrange and tweeters. Seems like overkill. Was thinking of using lower power tube amps, maybe even tube SETs. Will this work?
Has anyone done this? Comments welcomed.
cakids
cakids, 
In your case George is putting the cart before the horse. You've done the ultimate test by using your Manley Stinray and finding "excellent " sound driving your Tritons. George hasn't done this and yet proclaims low powered tube amplifiers such as yours won't work well. So it is your own ears versus what he says the measurements will predict. Which of the two is more logical and reliable?

Do you now doubt what you've heard in your system? Educating yourself with regard to  measurement interpretation is fine and useful to a degree. The opportunity to listen is even better. Does your listening experience correlate with his warnings? It doesn't appear that way to me.
Charles 
I do not have a SET amp to try but I do have the SS Vista Audio Spark, 20w @8ohms. With the right speakers (Fostex for me) this can be a beautiful sounding amp. 
So I hooked it up to try out on my One.R’s in light of this low wattage discussion. Sounded nice up to about 65dB, 8ft away. After that the clipping was terrible and, obviously, the poor little fella got quite warm quickly. 
The impedance dips clearly too much for the little Spark to handle. 
That was a bit of fun but the Hegel H390 is my preference of 3 SS amps I have tried. Effortless sound at any level. 
Hi mocean, 
You did the right thing by trying your 20 watt solid state amplifier driving the Tritons and the outcome wasn’t satisfactory. One can rightly conclude that the Vista Audio Spark amplifier wasn’t a good match. However cakids had a Much better outcome. One could conclude that the Manley Stingray is much better suited for this speaker than the Vista. Both scenarios confirm the importance of listening.
Charles
I can tell you there is incredible synergy with a Luxman MQ-88uC and the Triton One.R's; Far more enjoyable than with Luxman L509x and a Rogue Cronus Magnum III;
The tweeters in the latest Tritons are super revealing and the triodes yields a match made in Valhalla.
Enjoy the Music!

For the record, I stated Sandy Gross uses an 8 watt SET amp driving his Triton References.  The Triton One R was not invented yet in 2017 when I talked to Sandy at RMAF. I have no idea how a SET would drive the Triton One R speaker.