Goldenear Triton One.R - can it be driven with low power tube amp?

I’m currently driving my Goldenear Triton One.R speakers with substantial monoblock solid state amps. However the Triton One.Rs have internal 1.6 kilowatt amplifiers for the lowest frequencies. So my primary amps are only driving the midrange and tweeters. Seems like overkill. Was thinking of using lower power tube amps, maybe even tube SETs. Will this work?
Has anyone done this? Comments welcomed.
cakids

The Tritons need to be driven by your own amp from 80hz up to 400hz there's a lot of power asked from an amp in this mid bass upper bass to 200hz region and this is where Stereophile has given the impedance/phase loading that's well below 4ohms in conjunction with negative phase angle as well, this needs an amp that is more than a common 300b 8w SET can give.
Unless he has a purpose built special 8w set, that has 2ohm-4ohm output transformers with "low output impedance" and still able to give 8w. 

Cheers George
Good point and perhaps Sandy Gross utilizes an 8 watt SET that has output transformers up to the task. After all these speakers are his creation. If anyone knows them it would be him. 

We do know that the Manley Stingray in triode mode (20 watts) has no problem driving the Tritons per cakids account. So a robustly built 300b SET with high quality output transformers isn't an unimaginable stretch. It would be quite interesting to know more about Sandy's particular 8 watt SET. There is certainly a pecking order amongst the wide variety of these types of amplifiers in the marketplace. 
Charles 

Here is what HIFI News reviewed and lab tested about these speakers, maybe now you'll realize that although the "8w SET made some nice sounds, they would have not been taken to perform at their best with an 8w set.

LAB: KEITH HOWARD
 We measured a minimum modulus of 2.9ohm and a minimum EPDR of 1.3ohm at 92Hz, with further dips to 1.6ohm at 219Hz and 2.0ohm at 584Hz.
So the One.R is a tough loudspeaker to drive, despite its powered bass section.

Cheers George     
George,
To be very clear I am not disputing the very daunting speaker impedance measurements you have cited. Those numbers are factual, no argument. However the person who designed these speakers and is obviously responsible for their subsequent load characteristics nonetheless chooses to listen to them with his 8 watt SET.

He clearly enjoys what he’s hearing (With intimate knowledge of the speaker’s impedance behavior!). He also has a solid state amplifier but for his purposes prefers the SET for listening pleasure. I have to reasonably conclude that it sounds very good to him. However I acknowledge that this  amp/speaker combination may not sound good to you. Just common sense as nothing pleases everyone.

In this circumstance I give more credence to someone who not only has heard this pairing but who created the speakers!!! Compared to some who hasn’t listened to it and is making a case solely on provided measurements. This is my only point.

Real world actual listening versus speculation based on reported measurements. Again George I don’t believe that anyone reading this thread will find it misleading or confusing. People can appreciate real listening encounters versus supposition.
Charles
I’m happy that my initial query on this thread, and the stimulating ensuing discussion has occurred. The experiment with the Stingray driving the Tritons has given me insight into future mods that I may choose for this system.
For now the Stingray is not available, as it is the heart of another system - one that sounds even better, btw.  Were I to replace the ss amps in the Triton system, I would probably opt for SET tube amp(s) of at least 20 watts. Also, the Cary SLP-98P preamp is a temporary installation, and is soon to be replaced with my Cary SLP-05 that is currently being upgraded at the manufacturer. I don’t expect it to change the sound significantly though, as the 98P is excellent.
Life can be good.