Distance from the front not the rear wall?

What´s the optimun distance from the front wall (lisener seat) to the speakers? A lot has been said about the distance from the speakers to the rear wall, but no much regarding the distance from the lisener seat to the speakers. I ask because my seat is located against the front wall and I wonder if the sound (direct from the speakers and the sound reflected from all surfaces) that hear is "blurred" due to this reflexions. Should I put my seat at the same distance I have placed the speakers from the rear wall? Thanks in advance for your comments.
tiofelon
Post removed 
I see a lot of the posts mention its not good to have your head near to back wall. But the method I've recently started to use (to good effect so far) recommends to do this ( with minor to no room treatments )
Its the method recommended by Immedia/Sonics explained here:
http://www.immediasound.com/Speaker%20set-up%202009.pdf

Any thought as to its merits?
Thanks for your comments! Well I just read the article suggested by Pcoombs and goes against the comments above given! In this paper it is suggested that the lisener chair be located against the rear wall!! Can someone explain who is right?
Tiofelon,
Welcome to the subjective(but fascinating) worid of High End audio. there`s a modicum of "right" or absolute answers, i.e. tube or solid state, digital or analog, silver or copper etc. If possible try moving you listening position and compare the differences, it`s the only way.
Best of Luck,
Tiofelon, yes try and give the method I linked to a try . What led me to give it a go was the idea that it works well in rooms that do not have any or much room treatments. My system, like many others I expect. Is not in a dedicated listening room but in my living room and both my wife and I agree that the large diffusers and absorbers etc wouldn't be acceptable( plus the expense!)
But what is possible, with my speakers at least, was to install some Herbie teflon gliders and when needed( critical listening) to pull the speakers into the middle of room. At other times they stay closer to back wall.
Here's another link to a review of method.
http://www.soundstage.com/audiohell/audiohell20011