CHANDOS label...

Classical music listeners, what do you think of the CHANDOS label?  The recorded sound seems to be very good, compared to other labels.  What do they do differently?  Thanks for your thoughts.

128x128mikeydee
A lot of good recordings, agreed, and excellent repertoire. But overall are they better than, say, Hyperion?
Not in stereo but Hyperion stopped doing multichannel a long ways back and Chandos still feeds my need for it.
If I may, I want to insert another name...Ars Produktion for SACD...I find their recordings super crisp and clean sounding 
Playing this as we speak. Darius Milhaud - Athena Ensemble ‎– Music For Wind Instruments (Chandos 1980)

Sounds clean and clear and well recorded. 
While cruising through Primephonic, I just happened upon a Chandos recording of Victorian era British composer Dame Ethyl Smyth's cantata The Prison.  Needless to say, I'd never heard of Ethyl Smyth or her cantata.  Anyway, in a few words, damn, is this gorgeous!  Recording is full, rich and spacious.  The music is echt-romantic.  Played with pull-out-all-the-stops commitment.  A guilty pleasure?  Or a not so guilty pleasure? I don't care which.