Michi P5 Preamp Tone control Distortion

Help 
128x128lordrootman
@jiya3600 jiya3600

Did you ever get your tone control problem fixed?  

I just bought a used Michi P5 and I am not having your problem but another serious issue.  Just wondering what your experience has ultimately been with their support/customer service.

Unfortunately, I am not original owner but I'm about to go back to the person who sold me the Michi. 

Thank you 
Customer service sucks 
you need to return it 
it was B&W who handle Rotel and Michi product here in US but now they have a new distributor SUMIKO 
according to the SUMIKO and my Dealer all the Michi P5 with 120V has affected with tone control issues and they’re going to start working on them this month AUGUST 
your best Bet  is contact your dealer And since you’re not original is complicated 

we have Rotel Michi page in Facebook 
you can check it out   https://www.facebook.com/groups/384918068350254/?ref=shareAsk questions and actual owners may help you out 
@lordrootman Thanks for the update; it seems to be a bad situation but I appreciate your response none the less.  Yes, not being the original owner is likely going to put me in a bad spot.

Fataxeman
Even Rotel preamp lines carry exact same unsolved tone control humming issue as well. I had RC-1590 and RC-1572 both have same problem but no further firmware update to address it. I guess nobody cares about it ...

@larrymanadgn you’re exactly right I have RC1590 too and is piece of crap it will make a loud pop sound when my ceiling fan is turned on and off 
makes all this unnecessary hum noise 
aesthetically Rotel makes gorgeous looking  products especially when I compare with my previous Parasound P6  but they’re crap