What is the best hard drive based player?

Looking for a hard drive based player to feed into my system....preferrably one that has lots of memory, good sound quality, good user interace but does not require a separate screen. Any suggestions?
henryhk
Here is a link to Yamaha's website and the HD 1500, which is the unit I was referring to above. I have two friends with this unit and they really love it.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/DVD_CD/CDRHD1500.htm
McIntosh just came out with the MS300, I guess people can't here the difference between it and CD's and from what I hear is very easy to use. you can see it at
www.mcintoshlabs.com

Mark
thanks ..will definitely check them out. For some reason I find very little literature on these players: onlty PC driven solutions which are great but obviously requires a screen which I want to avoid!
The McIntosh server compresses the data, (FLAC lossless), the Yamaha does not. The Mac really does need not only a display, but an internet hook-up also for best use. It downloads cover art and text.
I own the Yammy and it too, for ease of use, needs a monitor, but you don't "really" need one. I simply purchased a cheap portable dvd player with a composit video in so as to view the self labeled discs.
The Yammy is $800.00, the Mac is over $3k I think. You decide!