Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
I started out going to junk yards with my parents picking up old raw speakers.
I had them placed all around the basement, installed switches to turn various ones on/off. Didn’t know much about impedance back then.
Later at age 17 I worked as a salesman at Radio Shack, then became Store Manager for then Allied Radio Shack. Boy, did I think I had the world on a string.
I am now 67 years old but I do look back at those days and remember how much fun it was.

ozzy
I will have my 69 years behind me in one month....

I dont feel old.... I like to be old tough....

When i was young (18 years old) my dream was to buy a motorcycle, i never bought one, all my money go for books....

Then at 24 my dream was to create my Hi-Fi experience.... i never can, you must guess that all my money was going to buy books and after 34 years old to buy food for my 2 sons...

7 years ago i decided to create my own audio heaven; many headphones later, many speakers later, many amplifiers later, many dacs later, i have succeed to buy a good amplifier a good dac and good speakers for peanuts...

But i was not there already in my own sound heaven....i was unsatisfied by my good gear very carefully choosen after at least one thousand hours of reading ....( it is easy to count multiply at least 1 hour each day for 5 years) And trust me my gear was very good and for peanuts price....

2 years ago i discover that even if someone buy the right electronic components, the Hi-Fi experience is not necessarily there...My 3 main electronic components were good and i decide to keep them anyway....

I then made my discovery slowly in the last 2 years, by homemade creation with very low cost materials and listening experiments...

The KEY to audio heaven is : controls of the 3 embeddings, mechanical, electrical and acoustical... (upgrade is an illusion most of the times if someone buy the basic good gear first)

The same audio system go from good to extraordinarily good only by controlling the 3 embeddings...

"Voilà" it is my history, my dream comes true, at 69 years old....I thank God for my lack of money 7 years ago and the possibility that was given to me to be creative....

Money dont buy necessarily paradise, but some ears/brain working do...... :)

Then be creative and dont trust anyone except your ears.....They will teach you what is the signification of all audio experiments....They are 2 costfree masters.... :)