Jazz vocalists recorded wonderfully

Just arrived today, Jacintha/Lush Life a  2001 release, Specifically jazzy slow blues, 
All star back up artists, with all piano and string arraingments by  the incredibly gifted, creative Bill Cunliffe, Stunning arraignments,  Guitarist Anthony Wilson, another super star, Accordion work on a  few tracks from Frankie Marocco, 
Super Star band.
So after listening first time, all tracks have the same blues-jazzy ambience. You might think, , maybe a  change up on a  few tracks would have added some spices, 
Not really, Not a dull track on the cd. 
Following up my previous topic, , which jazz vocalists do you feel, actually work just fine, if not perfect, in spite of any studio tinkerings. 
My vote has to go with Jacintha's Lush Life. 
How much tinkering is added, is not at all important, Jacintha set out to create a  lush dreamy atmposphere, and she has acomplished the task with  wonderful success. 
Its dreamy lushness. 
Here, one never gives any thoughts about how her voice <<might be>> modded
, as she sounds just so natural  in these soft , delicate, <no rush> melodies.
This is a  2001 record, same  years as Diana Krall's releases, and Lush Life also has that warm recorded studio sound. But not nearly as warmed over as noted in Diana Krall's work.
Other artists that you consider a  natural, and not  touched up with excess.

mozartfan
Try Mari Nakamoto a star of Japan Jazz with a complete natural style, and a sophisticated simplicity, the rarest thing to achieve in Jazz singing...

More perfect , Youn Sun Nah, the Korean Jazz singer which is too perfect, it is his only flaw....

Stacey Kent has make more cd than just some samba remakes .... :) I have them all....
Stacey Kent has make more cd than just some samba remakes .

OK will ck out others from Stacey,
Japan jazz? 
 will give some  listens to Mari Nakamoto today, 

Stacey Kent try "Dreamsville" or " Close your eyes"

Mari Nakamoto is an acquired taste and is not for all.... Try her on youtube first.... :)

Imagine a half broken voice in half broken english singing for his own ghosts in an airport bar in Tokyo with plenty of smoke and you begin to like her more with the hour....
Stacey Kent

Fine clean, pure voice, for sure,, But the emotive energy,,seems to be a bit thin.
I mean she does not have to come across as say janis Joplin,, but would be nice to have more feeling expressiveness.

I know on some of her cuts , you and the jazz community no doubt feel the same.
A bit lethargic, if not sterile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz1zBKoTCf4
I dont ask a singer what she dont have....

:)

i like her for what she have and if it is good i keep her....

Comparing any jazz singer to Janis Joplin is not fair .... :)

If i try your method i will compare Janis Joplin to Marian Anderson and call her complete rubish compared to, but it will not be justice to compare tomatoes with citrus....

More energetic, try Keely Smith "spotlight on Keely Smith" it is hard to beat...Or Nikki Yanofsky his cd " Ella" or another one "little secret"...

Marian Anderson was doing spirituals and classical recitals, try "crucifixion" for the expressive power....