... abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound...

Hello to all...

I was shifting around components in my system, trying to squeeze out better controlled bass, more definition within the soundstage, and better define the "voice/midrange" presentation...

I presently have a tube preamp (hardwired with a wall wart) into an HT Receiver; source is a Marantz SA-8001 CD Player

Swapped out a Yamaha HTR -5550 (hardwired) for a Parasound HCA-750A (which needs a power cord).

CD Player is powered with a PS Audio Statement SC power cord, so I went in my closet and pulled out another PS AUDIO Statement SC power cord, hooked it up and expect to give it at least 5 days continuous re-break-in before serious listening.

Took a minute to lookup reviews about this power cord - and I read some rather confusing reviews: some luved 'um, some liked 'um, but some thought them " ...slow... " (?), and giving a veiled presentation...

I'm gonna listen and decide myself - but I'm abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound - I know that interconnects and speaker cables would/could/Do affect sound presentation - but how could a power cord?

Explanation/thoughts please...
insearchofprat
«Science is not written in books it is written in nature only» - Anonymus geniuses in history, too many to be named....

« Our powerful ignorance is sometimes named technology»- Groucho Marx
I don't think you understand the meaning of pseudoscience. Why don't you Google it Einstein.
You are right djones.... Pseudosciences is not orthodox science, it is false or mad science or sometimes, but more rarely, not yet recognized future science.....

My affirmation after my own experiments that shungite+ copper work all along my electrical grid is not orthodox science, it is madness or simply an unrecognized fact for future science or engineering research....

:)

You can call me mad.... It is only my experience tough....And i was doing it for my S.Q. not for science for sure.... But how can a piece of shungite or quartz can have so opposite effect on an electrical field? Part of the answer is already  known science, perhaps something is lacking tough....