what is your opinion ?

Hi everyone, last 18 years I've got hooked up to vintage Tube amplifiers, prior to that I was rather happy with SS muscle amps driven to my Apogee Scintilla and Duetta sig's truly open 3D soundstage Few tube amps was able accept Apogee marriage but not  as good as SS amps, until I ended up bargain priced infamous Altec's voice the theatre speakers not a wife pleaser but luckly I've  got a dedicated music room, never looked back since then ,,WE design 91 , WE46C , RIP Don Garber, even loftin White design SET amps T.Mayer Attilio Caccamo of Tektron some genious Japanese design SET Amps they all have unique presantation complimented by incredable sound of 45, 2A3, VT52,300B, E406N, even modern production Sophia 206 , and many more  ! my question is why these old school design audio sounds nearer to reality ? naturally we are all aware of room acoustics tuning our  rooms etc, etc are we listening equipment or music ? do we really need furniture grade Audio equipment ? or maybe we humans are we trying to re invent the wheel again ?
128x128sabih
Dear atmasphere, I'm not sure what you mean,,, by '' You'll notice I stay away from that sort of talk.'' in one of  my post mentioned D.Berning OTL design you have instantly made a comment he uses this, that , semiconducters etc, etc, as a matter of you start to critise other OTL Design and lectured me VOTT capabilities please allow me to remind you the goal is civilised discussion about old school desings esp SET Amps and horns , at age of 71 after 55 years inside and outside of this amazing audio industry lucky enough to meet Great designers and engineers like N.Pass, j.rowland, Thomas Mayer, RIP Don Garber,K.Ishiwata,Mr Yamamura and many more their very human approch to life and massive respect to all other genius designers never stop learning approach is true example of  we never stop learning till we stop breathing . thanks best regards.

Sabih... i dealt with Ralph@Atmasphere he did not patented the OTL designs, he is just B.S.ing with you, don’t believe him.  Just ignore his arrogant responses believe me i own his preamp, he claims it’s a balanced symmetry designs on his preamp, which he patented, to me he is lying.   There are no such things claiming balanced and not using input or output transformer.   
@atmasphere I’m afraid there is no separating the wheat from the chaff, and all of your goodwill and your efforts have fallen flat!

@sabih: Atmasphere is trying to tell you that he, too, avoids aimless talks (i.e. he agrees with you that "mine is better than yours" is absurd)
@zipost 
You must be referring to another dimension or another world, the Atmasphere circuit is a circlotron OTL and it's unclear why you maintain the company has not patented its circuit (you can check it, but why tale the trouble). Also, please note that patents are not a matter of belief, you apply for one and you may be awarded one.
Finally I am not sure why you insist that balanced audio circuits require transformers -- disabuse yourself, transformers are not a prerequisite. Overall, you could be more civil. Regards

Dear  gregm3, Thank you for your kind reminder, as if you are commenting behalf of  @atmasphere , I  started my post Old school design valve amps and Horn speakers, all of sudden got bombarded by OTL Amps lectured Incapabilities of VOTT And apogee ribbons , I  presumed gentlemen either a proud owner, cult follower or owner of OTL  company and many occasions complimented to him what he has achieved with his design, all the great designers engineers I've met they were all modest and respect to other designers and enginers as a matter of fact  never ever seen or come a cross any designer arrogantly defiantly diverts to discussion another directions, finally I'm not interested hertz and kilohertz circuits transformers and I'm not reffering to another dimension or another world !  thread was Old School design amps, & Horns,as mentioned before nothing is original everything is comes from somewhere and great designers @atmasphere   improves or makes it even better so many times I Said HATS OFF guys like him, I  do not want exchange messages what is what ? circuits , transformers etc, All I'm interested with Music listening music even if it is whitely or Kondo amplifiers  and quad 57's as long I  can listen music, why waste time discussions like this ? therefore please we should never ever offend anyone nor tell them hertz and kilohertz whatever floats your boat best regards

' in one of my post mentioned D.Berning OTL design you have instantly made a comment he uses this, that , semiconducters etc, etc, as a matter of you start to critise other OTL Design
I think you will find that the above statement is incorrect! I was not critical of the Berning amp. I merely made a comment to clarify point of fact. Here is my comment:
FWIW the Berning amplifier is **brilliant**, but not an OTL as it has both semiconductors and an output transformer in its output section.
Note the use of the word 'brilliant' (emphasis added in the above quote). This means I have a lot of respect for the design (which Berning patented) and a lot of respect for the man himself. Nor was I critical of other OTL designs. I have the feeling you are trying to put words in my mouth! You'll also note that when I got into this conversation I did not mention what OTL I was playing in my system.

regarding zipost's comments, obviously there is a lot of tongue in cheek going on there :)  Its pretty funny and obviously meant to be exactly that.
Regarding this comment
all of sudden got bombarded by OTL Amps lectured Incapabilities of VOTT And apogee ribbons
-I feel you misinterpreted my comments about both speakers entirely. I was trying to get you to understand what the strengths of both were, plus what you can do to improve the Altecs further since that is what you are using; I ran VOTTs for many years.