DAC choices -- help me cross the line

My current DAC is Cambridge Audio Azur 851D driving the two channel speaker system in the study. My headphone system consists of a Bluesound Node 2i feeding into a Quicksilver headphone amp. The plan is to put the CA DAC in the headphone chain and sell the Node, so this means I have to purchase a new DAC for the 2 channel system in the study. Here's what the 2 channel system looks like ...
opticalRendu >> CA Azur 851D (to be replaced) >> Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum 2 >> Harbeth P3esr

So what am I looking for? Heft, holographic, a bit of warmth, big organic sound, tonal richness. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of neutrality or accuracy. I listen to all kinds of music but am partial to jazz, vocals, classic rock. 

I almost pulled the trigger on a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ but wanted to take the R2R DACs for a spin just for kicks. I was initially interested in the MHDT Pagoda or Orchid, but their no-return policy is a no go for me. I know some people don't mind, but I really don't want to give my business to a company who doesn't trust its own products.

So this leads me to three final contenders -- AudioMirror Tubadour iii SE, Tubadour iii (regular/non-SE) and the Border Patrol DAC. Really interested in hearing from someone who might have heard at least one of the two, or better yet compared the Audiomirror to one of the MHDT DACs.

Now Audiomirror offers two versions of the Tubadour III -- SE and non-SE, with the SE being a $1000 costlier. Wondering if the sonic improvements are worth the higher $$$ in the SE version. Would love to hear from someone who has had a chance to compare the two.

Also wondering how the Tubadour III regular version compares to MHDT Pagoda. Both are around the same price.

Note: If are going to suggest another DAC, I don't mind. But please make sure it's R2R, < $2500 (used or new), has a return policy, and NOT made in China.

128x128arafiq
Mojo Audio call Ben they have a $2500 model that is like buying a 
hot Rodney unit ,I am a modded for a long time you will find nothing under $5 k that is better it has the classic Analog Devises 1865 K version R2R dac Femto clock Xmos board 9 of the worlds 
best Bellison super regulator ,medical grade AC filter, and very important excellent power supplies with 247,000 uf in capacitance
hand balanced for perfect channel matching Descreet Opamps that are pure class-A, Not integrated circuits like all others,and a few other things made in Newmexico USA , it is modular , 45 day audition, and a full 5 year warranty.  His New top Evo dac starts at just over $5k and has just 
won Audiophilia award and reviewer bought the dac it beats dacs several times it’s cost. I have the $2500 model and spent another 
$600 for a max upgrade , it is exceptional It was noticably more musical then the Schitt Yaggs, Audiomirror has the same 1865 dac chip but not even close. Power supply filtering ,is critical in digital 
Mojo Audio knows digital .
Hi Arafiq,
It can take Vlad a few days to reply, but he will contact you.
It is worth waiting, as you will be communicating directly with the guy who is going to build YOUR dac the way you want.

It is a small company and has no automated online ordering (hence the wait in email response too).
I transferred the payment directly to his account using Zelle.
It is easy and efficient.
He will give you other options.

Ten days later I had my Tubadour.
Vlad kept me posted as to receipt of payment, when the dac was built & in testing, and finally a tracking number.
Don't be afraid to email again.

Believe me it is worth a little wait.
I'm sitting here with my coffee listening to Gottschalk's symphony 1;  "A night in the Tropics" and the music just flows so naturally with superb tone and space..........

Kind regards,
P.B.
Arafiq Vlad is one of the better guys you can deal with in the audio business , have patience .
If you are content to just play redbook CD consider an older unit like Wadia 15. This uses what has been claimed as possibly the best R2R architecture with the PCM63. As was mentioned previously, you could buy one for about $1000 and sell it for he same if it did not pan out.

I don't think you will consider selling it after hearing it. I will not be selling mine. A short while ago a few of us gathered to compare DACs and without mentioning all of them a standout revelation was comparing my Wadia to a Bryston BDP-3 playing 24/96 hires and all 5 of us agreed, for once, that the Wadia was simply better in terms of being gripped by the music. I looked at the guys standing around and noticed a couple of wry smiles, some foot tapping and head bobbing. Just simply more immersive and fun.
@in_shore

Whatever dac you choose you need to look into these one box marvels , Innuos Phoenix or Ideon’s Master Time , it would be far and away the best 3 grand you’ve spent.

Are these products you mentioned Digital-2-digital converters, like the Denafrips D/D products? https://www.denafrips.com/products

I am researching the Denafrips D2D stuff on Headfi forum.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-denafrips-ddc-iris-and-gaia.931695/

The Denafrips Iris ($400) can take a USB input from say a OpticalRendu and convert it to I2S format to input into a Tubadour.

I was thinking of trying the Denafrips T+ but this Tubadour SE III seems like the one to try first.

It looks like the answer to my initial question is answered here:
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/review-innuos-phoenixusb-reclocker-r906/page/3/#comments