Getting cd plastic film sheen off of cds

Peter Gabriel is releasing his 4 live albums on lp this fall

I was uncertain if I wanted the Live in Athens 1987 performance as I had it in the SO CD boxset
so I went to spin the cd to hear the performance

Horror of all horrors

The cds packaging in that set are housed in the book with impossible to remove without scratching inserts.

Usually I take the cds and put them in those half circle plastic protective sleeves
This time I useds square shaped protective liners from Japan and since they would be floating in a big box I put the 6 sleeved cds in 3 big ziploxed bags

To my dismay all the cds have a residue sheen all over them.
The sleeves have the slightest residue on the playable side and none on the label side

I tried to wipe this off with one of those glasses clothes and it doesn’t come off

It seems like it’s making the upper midrange a little jittery on one
so I played the original album - sounded okay but wouldn’t play one track had to skip forward
Then I put the next live lp in and it made a sputtering out of control sound no music,

Any suggestions?

Liquids - products? Immersion? They are toast?

thanks
128x128audiotomb
All Cds have mold release residue. My method for all cds:

I mix a diluted, mild organic soap in a dish > submerge the entire disc for a couple minutes > use my fingers to break up any stubborn residue on the disc, then rinse with distilled water, shake as much water off as possible then and use soft napkins to dry

hth

mikrosmooth shows up on the Mapleshade site

but nobody seems to be carrying Optrix anymore

Are there nice microfiber clothes you recommend that you can buy by the pack

thanks

Tom