Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor "Minimum" Power?

Would the new Bel Canto C5i work with the *original* Cremona Auditors at 88 dB @ 4 ohms? I have read conflicting reports about these speakers being easy and difficult to drive. The Bel Canto is a very modest 60 WPC into 8 ohms and 120 WPC into 4 ohms, but apparently has a pretty high current output at 30 amps and is stable with 3 ohm loads. Any other reason to believe this combo would not be good?

On a tangent, how does an amp have lower power but high current output? Aren't the 2 directly related? I recall from rudimentary Physics (for mathematically disabled Bio majors like myself) that P=i^2(R). Can somebody conceptually explain to me what's going on with the electrons in high power/low current vs. low power/high current?
eugene81
I use (as a power amp mainly) a Luxman 507 (110 watts) and it drives them fine, with lots to spare and no strain.
A tube preamp really helps a lot, especially with tubes that are mellow up top.
A great speaker. A classic imho.
My room is 12' x 18' x 8'. McIntosh components: C2300 pre and MC452 (MC252 prior to that). I have never been past 45w/ch with my Auditor M. Plenty dbs for me.
Sonus Faber have warmish signature, at least the one I tried, which are Auditor M and Electa Amators. Try them with your own system and in your room, before buying, cos they will be very differ sounding with differ amps and sources, well, which speakers dont?
Power is important, but matching is a must. Even these fill the room easy, I would use both with sub, cos the bass need plenty of controle, but also top end can be to round. Yes, mids are wonderful, but other things are important to, at least to my taste.

I wouldnt buy blindly.
Thanks for the warning, but I already own the speakers and like them very much. For the record, the amp drives the speakers very well.
Eugene,
Glad to hear you are very satisfied. I was a true Dynaudio fan (still am) but am more than satisfied with my Sonus fabers. Craftsmanship cannot be matched. A beauty to look at and amazing to hear.