Why do most phono preamps lack XLR input even thought cartridges are naturally balanced?

Seems to me XLR input is the way to go for phono preamps.  Pros and cons for XLR vs RCA phono input?
dracule1
luisma31, If it is not grounded at either end, then capacitance to what? To electrically floating object?
@oldears  If its not humming I would not worry, but I suspect there is no need for the 'drain' wire, as the preamp is likely electrically grounded via the ground connection of the AC power cord.

We've been making DIN to XLR phono cables for decades; we just tie pin 3 of the DIN (ground of the arm) to the shield which is pin 1 of both XLRs.
@kijanki
luisma31, If it is not grounded at either end, then capacitance to what? To electrically floating object?
honestly I don't know, I'm not an EE, but the effect of the hum is similar to what high capacitance cables will do, and since capacitors are isolated (just like this cable) I think HIGH CAPACITANCE is right on target

luisma31, It might be true, but I've never heard of hum caused by high capacitance of the cable.  I've heard of output oscillations and frequency roll-offs, but not hum.
Just be aware in my case, with balanced interconnects, the hum was present ONLY when unplugging the connector from one side as I described, when both ends were plugged there was no hum. Replacing the interconnects with no shield cables no hum no matter what.