VAC Preamplifiers

I am very interested in VAC preamplifiers to replace my GamuT D3i. I am wondering how much better the upper tier VAC preamplifiers are than the VAC Renaissance mkV with phono. Perhaps VAC owners can assist me....topology appears near identical throughout the line, so it must relate to parts quality and power supplies. Thank you!
normie57
Are you committed to VAC preamps? I would give a listen to the VTL 6.5 ii. Then go find the phono pre you really want. Just my 2¢.
Normie - just wondering if you had decided on a preamp. Also curious as to why you are replacing your D3i. Just looking to go to tubes or is there something with the D3i that you are not satisfied with?
Yes; I purchased a VAC Renaissance mkV with phono. It is wonderful driving my GamuT D200i, adding a more natural tonality to the midrange than my D3i. It loses nothing in speed or accuracy to the D3i and has a great MM/MC phono stage. The D3i is a fine preamplifier which I’ll keep as a worthy backup. Thanks to all respondents!
Congratulations. I have the Renaissance V with phono driving my Ayre VX5/20 with very pleasing results. I started many years ago with the VAC Standard LE preamp, then the Renaissance 3 and now the V. All were excellent in their price range and my experience with VAC factory support when needed has always been a step above my expectations. If you reach out to Kevin Hayes he will personally welcome you to the family...