Streamer Value Question Innous vs Bluesound

I am ready to try streaming again after my 1st failed effort.
I had owned the basic Roon streamer. 

I plan to use the Roon with Tidal service but not
the Roon hardware this time around.

I am now comparing the Innuos Zen Mini @ $1,250 v.s. the
Bluesound Vault 2i @ $1,295. 

The better Innuos is about $4,400.
If you add the reclocker and linear power supply to
 the Mini you are also getting closer to $4k.

Now here is my thought: Buy the Vault and plan to find
a DAC upgrade- currently I have an Oppo 205.
This will bring me the better SQ result overall I think.

What have others found?

chorus
I am a 61 yr old novice who just finished spending $12k+. I only stream as I own very few CDs and 0 records. I have the Innuos Zen mini going to Ayre Codex DAC to Rogue tube amp to Vandersteen Treo CT speakers. Had a Node 2i but it had no USB output. Had the next higher Innuos also (too expensive). They were on loan from Audio Connect in Verona NJ (John Rutan). Settled on the former. I learned that it is very very hard to discern clear differences. Our ears and brains hear differently. It reminds me of appreciating and describing fine wine and liquor. Beer is much easier. Pick a price point and get a trusted dealer to consult with. Diminishing returns happen fast. Spend the $$ on the speakers.
I have recently started streaming using tidal. 
I use a melco with an Exposure Dac which sounds very organic. I had a Chord 2qute which sounded very digital, the dac makes a huge difference. 
OP

if you hardly have any CDs and downloads and don’t intend to add more then you don’t need to spend for a streamer that has storage and ripping functions.  Just make sure that is has a slot for thumb drive.  So I wouldn’t get the Vault2 as you won’t need 2/3 of what it does.  If you decide on Bluesound just get the Node.
  I upgraded from Bluesound to a Bryston BDP3.  Qobuz sounds much better on the Bryston, but the Bryston BDP3 costs a lot more than the the Bluesound.
  I couldn’t get Qobuz to work at first on the Bryston.  It did work on Bluesound and my Android phone.  Bryston’s CS fixed it remotely, but whatever streaming service you choose you may want to try try it first from a phone or PC.  Then once you are comfortable with how it works, if there are any issues with the service playing on the streamer, it may help you decide who is at fault, the streamer or the service.  That can be helpful because as with any IT software/hardware compatibility issue, the two companies tend to point fingers at each other
I recently upgraded from a Node 2 (not 2i) to a Mytek Manhattan with network card. I originally did not plan to get the network card (streamer) but it was being offered for free with the DAC and I am glad that I got it. I have direct compared the Node playing through the DAC on the Manhattan and the Manhattan using its internal streamer and the internal Card is a better. However, the biggest jump in quality came from getting the better DAC- I’d put the improvement split at 90% DAC and 10% streamer in this particular case. Not sure what your budget is - the Manhattan is in the >$5K range but they also have a Brooklyn model that I think is under $2K. 
I bought mine direct from Mytek. Michael, who is the designer of the equipment answers all of my emails - usually within minutes. Excellent customer service. 

I am really happy with my purchase. The improvement in SQ is night and day, not small. As always YMMV. 
I’ve had a Bluesound Node 2i and found it extremely buggy with no tech support.
Node did work for few months then just crapped out. It mostly didn’t work as it was intended, it wouldn’t recognize my Eero Mesh network even though it was directly plugged in. Reset the device and still no joy. I’ve returned to my HiFi dealer after 5 months, and now picking up an Innuos Zen mini.