This Equipment Recommendation Actually Worked Out Well!

It's an inexpensive isolation transformer. Thanks shkong78 for recommending it in these forums! I understand now. It delivers!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5CDG8O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  It has  "transformed" the performance of my Nuwave DAC and unlocked the potential of my Klipsch speakers into a more intimate, alive, and powerful sound, with new transparency, clarity and imaging. 

I've owned higher quality power products in years gone by, Shunyata Hydra, PS Power Plant, Purepower regenerator, PS Ultimate Outlet, even a Oneac power conditioner, but didn't understand how to use them properly. I learned the hard way that these devices are not meant for use with amps where they blunt the SQ. Should have limited their use to front end gear like DACs yes!! I have the Nuwave plugged into the isolation transformer by itself. That has made the sound of my system almost unrecognizable (in a good way). For me, this is one of the audio best buys! This one surprised me!
foster_9
foster_9,
How exactly is this transformer used? Are you saying that you plug your DAC into it? 
Yeh roxy54, the isolation transformer PC is plugged into an AC outlet and the DAC PC is plugged into an outlet on the transformer. Only a single piece connected to the transformer.
ericsch, if I saw those Amazon reviews without any context, I would have been put off, but the recommendation of an audiophile in these forums who owns a high end system was my motivation to try it out. He stated he has 4 or 5 of these units. He connects one component to each.
foster_9,
Thanks for the clarification. Can you elaborate  little on the sonic improvements you have noticed? I would like to try this.
Thanks, John  
roxy54, here’s the change with the DAC plugged into the isolation transformer: fuller images, improved imaging, midbass has more presence and punch, more transparency; good clarity. It took about 6 days for the sound to settle after powering up. If you decide to try one, please post your impressions here.
Interesting recommendation. What's the electrical engineering explanation for the improvement with this? You didn't get any benefit from the power plants? More description of your experience would be cool.