good discussion on power cords

jimf421
My reply from fuzztone seems to indicate the concern is not so much the motors, but the potentiality for intrusion onto the audio signal. As usual, seek your answers prior to taking such steps. 

I am impressed. Usually those things are riveted together or sonic welded such that you can't access the contacts to grease them.

I just popped in a new 20 amp Square D slathered with silver grease.
I suppose that the parts of a circuit breaker one would slather with a silver grease, might be those that grip the box’s buss bar and Romex, could escape some.
" I suppose that the parts of a circuit breaker one would slather with a silver grease, might be those that grip the box’s buss bar and Romex, could escape some."

Rodman,
That type of thinking (correct BTW) only exists with those that are not trying to degrade the idea. 
Or perhaps someone heard about using silver grease on a circuit breaker and decided they would "slather" some on the connection point point to the buss-bar, not knowing that the technique is used to grease the contacts of large breakers, not the connection points of residential breakers .... likely the result also of not knowing the contact resistance of that connection to the buss-bar.
I suppose that the parts of a circuit breaker one would slather with a silver grease, might be those that grip the box’s buss bar and Romex, could escape some.