LTA Ultralinear vs Pass Labs XA25

I'm very curious if anyone as listened to or had the chance to AB test these two amps together? I currently own the LTA ZOTL 10 MK II and absolutely love it for a multitude of reasons. I'm in the market for a new amp because 10 watts isn't quite enough power to drive my 88db SALK HT2's. I'm almost ready to spring for a Ultralinear but am very curious about the Pass XA25.

Thanks!
128x128benrosser
@knik 

What type of music do you mostly listen to, and at what levels?

i have D9s in an almost similar size room driven by a big Pass 250.8 (purchased for my previous less efficient speakers) and love the sound but have been tempted to get something smaller.   I listen to mostly folk and rock at avg 80 dbC and the Pass bias needle has never moved.  I was wondering about a 30.8 and had never considered the XA-25.  I do use a balanced dac and preamp though so going single ended would be a pain for me.   That sounds like any interesting pair though and makes me think I can likely get away with much less power since the Spendors are efficient and very easy to drive.
@benrosser
Thanks for the feedback!

@knik
Thanks for the feedback as well. Very interesting because I was considering the Rogue ST-100 as well. And Primaluna EVO 400 for that matter. What would you say the Rogue does better than the Pass XA-25? Maybe the top end?

@ddafoe

I have owned both the XA-25 and 30.8.  I much preferred the 30.8.  I did not like the XA-25 and found it fatiguing to listen to for any extended time period even with a tube preamp. My speakers were the Sonus Faber Elipsa SE's.  YMMV
I have upgraded to the Pass Labs XA30.8, driving my Spendor D9s with ease. Super happy...

@ddafoe 

I mainly listen to jazz and rock and listen at about the same levels as you mentioned (80db avg). The XA-25 can easily push the Spendors to lounder levels but then it gets too loud for my space.
I also like that the amp is smaller and lighter than the Rogue ST-100. It also doesn't get any warmer than the Rogue.