Vandersteen 5A Speakers

Hello
I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures with a Wadia 381 up front, a Pass X250.5 amp and a Rel B-3 Sub. I am thinking about up-grading to the 5A speakers.

My question is do you think I can get the 5A's to sound proper in a 12 X 16 X 8 foot room???

As of now the 3A's sound fine. I just got the up grade bug and I realy like the Vandersteen sound.

Thanks
russb
If you look at the Vandersteen website...click on the 5A owners manual....it gives a graph showing suggested speaker placement. See if it works in your room.
Audioconnection said it well...that plus, I've never let the room shape/size dictate the speakers I own.
That doesn't mean that I haven't had more and less success in terms of sound.
Knowing the golden ratios by heart, doesn't mean that any of us are fortunate enough to have such a room.
Also, I'm such a fan of 'Nearfield listening', that I can simply put my chair wherever I want when litening time is available.
Go for the 5's--they're absolutely wonderful speakers.

Good listening,
Larry
If the 5As will be positioned on one of the short walls I would highly recommend something to take care of the side wall reflection point.
Terry
Hi Tdaudio

Yes I have treatment on the first and second reflection points and also behind my seating position whitch is 28" to the rear wall behind me. The 3A's sound great. I just always wanted to try to get a pair of the 5A's. It's been my dream for a long time.