Inexpensive AV Processor with bypass

Hi, I currently have a 5.1 system centred on an old Primare P30 processor. Unfortunately t does not properly decode Dolby Digital + or Atmos. I would prefer not to have to replace the processor.

Q1: is there any device which can convert Dolby Digital + and Atmos into old-fashioned Dolby Digital?

Q2: in order to maximise audio quality my system has a separate high quality DAC which, for music, feeds through the processor in bypass mode, thus avoiding conversion of the analogue signal back to digital. Is their an inexpensive processor which has: Dolby Digital, Atmos, and a similar bypass mode? Balanced XLR connections preferred. Sound quality need not be top notch, as it´s for movies only, not my priority. Thanks!

garbo
That's great!   Good luck on the s/pdif.  A USB/SPDIF reclocker like the Wyred 4 Sound "uLINK" can really improve your sound, but they can definitely get expensive.  They are much better than the $30 converters on amazon/ebay.  You could experiment with cheap one first.  A lot of this 5.1 audio is from configuration in your computer and software.  I know that JRiver media player does support 5.1 digital output for surround sound through both HDMI and SPDIF.  You could also try a bluray player software, such as PowerDVD, if you wanted.
I bought the USB/SPDIF converter 12 years ago, a HagUSB. The sound seems good, but I have nothing to compare it to.

My Yamaha CX-A5200 as bypass which Gene at Audioholics tested and said did in fact function correctly.  Just for fun, I ran some reference streamers and DACs through it and you know what?  Sounded pretty spectacular considering i was using a freakin yamaha.

Not sure if the unit will downconvert everything to dolby digital, however.