TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Oldpet-

Glad to hear you are enjoying your TRL SA14.
It is a fine unit.
Yes, you are neurotic, but we all are :)

LKdog- or any SA-14 user. How would you rate the TRL SA-14 to past players or transport/dac combination you ever had including turntables?

And is this player really sensitive to power cords?
My "non-TRL" SA14 is not very PC dependent. At lease not to my ears or the various cords that I have tried. I am sure that others feel differently.
The rest of my system (all Krell) is very sensative to different PC's?

Richard
La45-

The TRL SA14 is better than anything I have had before including:

-CEC transport/Bel Canto DAC 1.1
-Cary 308
-other various midlevle Pioneer/Sony players.
It is also better than the Sony TRL 595 I had this Spring which was an excellent player in every respect.

My turntable/cartridge/phono stage is in my signature.
The TRL Sa14 does many things better than my modest setup, but analog has it's own character and I would say that there are some recordings I tlike better on my TT setup.
This is depenedent upon the software/or LP also.

Lkdog-

You seem to have had many opportunities to listen before deciding on the TRL. Like others here I went with what was said on this thread in making a decision. It was APL or Exemplar but the TRL is so reasonably priced I could not resist. No regrets at all on my decision.

Not many used SA-14 in the market so I plan on sending my Sony 2000es TRL for an update. Apparently there is no other players that Paul recommend at this time that exceeds the performance of the SA-14.