TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Oldpet: I understand your concerns, I use the CRL Gold cable on my SA-14, which is significantly larger than the Silver. I've found that the cable takes about 2 to 3 minutes of bending to get it configured to where it will stay put. The good news is that once it is bent, it stays where it should.

All: My SA-14 is still very fresh and even though I know that it is going through its' dirty stage of break in, I find it hard to leave the listening room. This player is so dynamic!

Back to the new toy.

Jack
Jack -
It's good to hear that you're enjoying your new player. :-) It really is a satisfying machine. After it breaks in, you'll find that you are just listening to your music. Not pondering your machine. Very satisfying. :-)

I'll be without mine until it returns from the mod upgrade. Onward and upward.

be well

Paul
Yup, the CRL Silver power cord is a tough, heavy snake to wrestle into place. If you order one do make sure that it is longer than you need since you'll need the extra length to bend it. Mine has been playing 24x7 for over 4 weeks and I still don't think it is burnt in... but I guess the good news is that my system will be sounding better in the coming weeks. I still haven't tried the Quicksilver so I guess I have 2 good things to look forward to (3 if you count the future update to the latest mod spec).

At some point I will compare the CRL Silver PC with the Bolder Cable Nitro, which I have on my preamp and both balanced power supplies (I also have 1 for my digital source which has not been used since I got the SA14). The Nitro is dynamic and is very flexible. Its a step up from your usual Belden-based power cord. Since I already own both power cords, I can only benefit from the comparison!
Jay-

Power cords are kind of Black Art/voodoo thing.
While I firmly believe that a good aftermarket power cord is critical-which one is sort of mystifying.
Early on in my audio ventures I just made the Crump/Asylum volex cords and they seemed to be a big step up from the crummy stock cords.
Would love to hear from all about what power cords they feel work best with the TRL SA14 unit (or digital units in general).

I am using a Ven Haus Audio power cord that is specific for digital, but he has newer versions that are supposedly better.
Has anyone had Marantz SA11S1 modded and what is the result? Is it better than modded SA14?