TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Well.....336 hours have passed. All I can say is, The TRL SA14 never speaks harshly, every sound that comes from it is enjoyable. It is detailed, transparent, dynamic, stage is wonderful, it is never tiring to listen to. Truly a pleasure. I just started to listen to an SACD (james taylor - Hourglass) and, SACD already sounds freakin' awesome! And I haven't burned in one hour on SACDs. I really couldn't be happier with this purchase. Just beautiful sound on every disc I play. Wow!
Oldpet-

You are killing me, man.
I can't wait. It will be a couple weeks before I get mine.
It isn't getting shipped to TRL until next week :(
Oldpet: A friend has the TRL SA-14 V1 and I completely understand your excitement, it is a wonderful player. His only complaint is that he stays up too late listening ... (perhaps his Wifes complaint too?)

Lkdog: at least you are one step ahead of me. I'm still waiting on the new 11's. If Oldpet keeps posting, I'll be looking for a 14 ASAP. :}

Jack

I am in complete agreement about one thing and its not about the sa-11 vs the sa-14 or is the sa-14 better in balance mode or not, its the freeken fact that I also find myself getting less sleep. I have never had a digital front end deny me sleep before. Add to this there is no "on/off" on the Sony so it just sits there and stares back at me like a sweet puppy dog.
Sorry men - didn't mean to cause undue stress. :-)
Lkdog - Hang in there. I think you will find the wait to be well worth it. So smooth and non fatiguing, (in my system) Just a pleasure! You'll see.
Jes45 - I must say - i don't think you would be disappointed with an Sa-14. But, i do understand the desire to have the latest and greatest. :-) I would have bought an SA-11, and sent that to TRL too. But funds said otherwise. I guess it all worked out though, since i do love the way this thing sounds.

All - Yes - I too am sleeping less these days. I've often found myself drifting off to the sounds of J.T. or Holly Cole. Things could be worse, ya know. :-)

Be patient men! Good things come to those who wait. :-)

Paul