Location of computer relative to system

Hi, I’m finally getting around to hooking my iMac up to my system using usb. My question is where should I put my iMac relative to other audio components including speakers? Assuming I should keep it away from speakers but what about amp? It would be convenient to place it on my McIntosh MA5200 amp, which is structurally strong, but I am worried about signal interference and the like. Your feedback is really appreciated. 
astorey
Excellent feedback! The Mc runs pretty cool but I agree heat is not a friend. I will get a longer usb and plug computer into a different ac circuit. Thanks much!
I keep the PC that houses my music collection / music server in my home office. That connects via ethernet cable to the various players I have.
How about leaving the laptop, on, but with the lid down, put in on the rack with the components and access it remotely?

You can do that with an Android tablet, going over ssh/pUTTy/Mobaterm to Linux and remote desktop connection to Windows. Surely they got that in the Apple World?

It’s much easier to control it remotely with a tablet.