Apogee stage manual speaker distance chart

Does anyone else but me not understand the chart that's in the apogee manual about speaker distance to the rear wall? I've scoured the net looking for someone as stupid as me but, alas, I have failed. Any help out there?
whiznant
Whiznant, I use very thin speaker cables too. I will wager there is nothing better on the market for my application. For ICs I use Speltz. They can do it all, as my system attests to. I recently replaced a Blue Jeans digital cable from my transport to my DAC with a Speltz.
I run mapleshade speaker cable and love it. Went from monster zr1 (embarrassment) and it was like a blanket had been lifted off of my maggies. I was just wondering if the ic's had the same magic. I presume they do. The blue jeans are quite good though. My friend and I a/b'd some against kimber hero, silver streak and nordost red dawn and there was a difference but less than you'd think.
Yep, the Stages were magic, with vocal tonality so
real in a way I never heard anywhere since, not Quads, not Dynaudio Evidences, not Grande Utopias, or anything else
(although I really liked all of those speakers when I heard them--I'm not criticizing them).

I meant to say above that the Stages were 18 inches from the
wall, not 10.
I do miss their sound; it was an honor to live with them.
I had the Stages. I went on to the Duetta, and finalized with the Scintilla. It was with the last purchase where the magic midrange came back in.