Amplifier or Receiver

I recently bought Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers and am looking to buy a receiver/amplifier to pair these with. I intend to keep a stereo setup for now but want to have the option of home theater for later. I looked at amplifiers and noticed that they do not have HDMI connections. Will that be an issue to connect with other digital devices? Also, receivers may be better for streaming services, etc. I need advice for buying the right amplifier or receiver for these speakers. Budget within $1500-4000.
128x128oldieaudio
What will be best depends almost entirely on what are your priorities. If you are a sound quality buyer then your best option is a good stereo integrated amp. Receivers try and cram too many circuits into too small a space for far too little money. Receivers maximize quantity at the expense of quality. If you want to stream and connect the most stuff with the least fuss then nothing beats AVR. If you want sound quality however everything beats AVR. So know thyself. Including your susceptibility to narrative and ability to believe in the free lunch. 

Which, in case you were wondering, there isn't one. You can have lots of stuff. Or you can have good stuff. No free lunch.
The Klipsch Cornwall IV is a well regarding speaker is is capable of fantastic music sound quality. You are going to severely limit the potential for great music sound quality by using any HT receiver.

If you are going to do 2-channel audio for now, but want to potentially add multi-channel HT in the future, look into a quality integrated amp that has an HT bypass / processor loop. That will allow you to use the integrated amp and Cornwalls as the front L&R amplification/speakers in a multi-channel combo 2-channel/HT System in the future. You would just add an HT receiver (that has pre-outs) to facilitate HT sources, perform HT processing and power the center channel and rear surrounds.

I've done the combo system several different times in the past and it works well. The HT functionality does not affect your 2-channel Sound Quality at all in this type of setup. Heck, the HT receiver doesn't even need to be turned on when you're listening to 2-channel music.

Good luck. Don't get in too much of a hurry and make an expensive mistake. Ask questions here before ultimately plunking down $1500 - $4000 for amplification that may not work well for your specific needs.
Post removed 
Thanks. I guess I should have added that the TV will be connected immediately and also a Sony box/dvd player. Both have hdmi connections only (perhaps an optical too). All amps that I checked did not have any hdmi connections. I looked at reviews of Arcam avr20 which say that its audio quality is very good...............