Tube Preamp with Solid State Amp?

Greetings!

I’ve seen some folks using Tube Preamps with Solid State Am ps. I’m thinking of doing that with my system as part of an incremental change. I currently have a Parasound P5 preamp with a Parasound A21 driving Klipsch Cornwall 4’s. Will a decent / good Tube Preamp really make a difference in my sound? I enjoy what I have now but really want to experience Tubes in my system. Thanks!
128x128bigjohn9095
The tube amp is where the real magic is - actually a SS preamp with tube amp makes more electrical sense as well than the reverse.

do it!!!    i prefer tube preamps and solid state power amps.   Main system puts a cary preamp with my SS monoblocks,  office system is a vincent hybrid integrated amp.    as stated above the tube preamp softens  and smooths the tonality, but the SS power Amps give it immediate punch and dynamism which I haven't found in tube power amps.   I admit i haven't tried it with ultra expensive tube power amps so there may be all tube combinations that kick but in my budget for power
this was the best arrangement  
Am I the only one who uses tubes BECAUSE of the extra detail they add? It’s a very 3D detail, very lifelike.

I don’t find tubes warmer than SS (listen to the "euphonic error" on the original NAD 3020!), except for the warm glow of the tubes themselves.
I’ve been going tube pre & SS amp since 97
All SS before that & needed a change.

There are many tube preamps with different sonic signatures. Some have a nostalgic sound like a CJ or Macintosh.
I would go with VTL. I have for 20+ years.

The VTL preamps are noteworthy. Their design is based on not trying to impart a signature.
I have used a TL-2.5 and then went to the 5.5 (series 1)

Both are pure tube - not hybrid
I would go VTL or Audible Illusions, but it’s VTL for me...

I have a hybrid preamp (VTL 7.5 III) and a Boulder 1060. Best match ever had in my system. Period.