Merlin Master Bam Alert

My buddy just received his dual mono dual ops bam.The first one sold.He has VSM MXE's.Thought you would like to see his reaction:"There is an uncanny sense of realism.
I was listening in the dark with my eyes closed.
The sense of being in a concert hall was so great that my brain created a seemingly real visual image of where it thought it was.
After the piece ended I just shut the system down. I did not want to take a chance of diminishing the impact of what I had just experienced.
Quite an accomplishment."
I will be receiving my single ended Master Bam shortly and will report my findings in more detail.
128x128abrown
Great SETs, but I would discuss with Bobby before goinf for an SET with his speakers, not that they won't sound very good, but he does seem to have the opinion that it is not an optimal choice for his speakers - one man's opinion, but a pretty good one coming from him.....
Hi all,
So far, CAD805C sound great with my Merlin
My first time hearing SET sound - awesome
These 805C are "serious" amps - HUGE
Filar looks like toy when sit next to these monos

I know it's not fair when compare Filar with $16K pre/amp combo. I enjoy tube roll with 805C (can only afford Shuguang Black Treasure/TJ/Full Music 845/211/6SL7) - not those WE300B which cost a small fortune
My Filar is up for sale soon
Thuan98, I am sure the CAD805C is a wonderful amplifier. The Fila looking like a toy? That I'm not so sure about, a small jewel perhaps:) As Daniel Webster said about Dartmouth College, "it is small, but there are those that love it." Glad you like your new amp, I'm sure your Fila will sell quickly.
Wasn't the 805c reviewed as "chocolately sounding" by one magazine? Before Bobby told me about the Fila, I was leaning towards the Art Audio Jota(high current version)or the monoblocks.