The quiet grid

"The Grid", as we audiophiles refer to it is the power in our neighborhood. You may or may not have what we call "clean" electricity. We have add on boxes that clean up your electricity if there is a problem.

Those very expensive two box units with separate power supplies solve the problem of clean electricity at a price.

I am a keen observer of "The grid"; I notice when there is a remarkable improvement in my audio for no apparent reason. The last time I noticed this, I listened to music all night long. It was on a Christmas Eve, and there was a foot of snow outside; that's when I determined this remarkable improvement was the result of a quiet "grid"; that's when there is almost no commercial or industrial activity on the "electrical grid" near you, and residential use is quiet as well.

Normally this only occurs for a short time, but it's been like that for days; this has never happened before. Our present COVID 19 lockdown condition has given us a super quiet grid. That means our modest rigs are equivalent to much more expensive rigs that have expensive power supplies.

I am going to take advantage of this by doing a lot of recording. (when my reel to reel gets out of the shop) It's extremely unfortunate that we have this super quiet grid as a result of COVID 19, but there it is.
orpheus10
I'm still waiting for an explanation of a statement made by the second poster in this thread.
None of which is why they made it though.
So the virus is not natural, but made by some unnamed group for some unrevealed purpose. I just don't understand why someone would make such an assertion and then run and hide from it.
First point: Actual virus science dont make virus fabrication very easy.... I dont think we are now able to controls that engineering complexities with the exact biological effects and only them, engineered in with the new viruses...Fabricating a virus and controlling all his biological effects on all scales is not the same thing...

Second point: viruses warfare is difficult if not impossible to controls in term of localized geographical effects only and directed against some country and not others except in bad novels and I dont read that...Same problems with the controls in time of the leaked virus....

Third point : Viruses warfare is like using a gun that has the property also to shot you in the feet with a high probability...

Fourth point: There exist more dangerous and easy to controls possible arms in a war....And least dangerous for those who will use it against other than viruses...

"Ockham razor" pointed to a simple fact in biology history: new dangerous viruses emerging for good or bad is simply that: normal biological history...

All virologist on the planet, beginning with Dr. Fauci and Dr.Raoult pointed in the past 20 years the very high probability of an emerging new sars virus...Dr. Fauci even alert Trump presidency when he was just elected...Dr. Raoult predict it 10 years ago....

I'm listening to a vocalist I've known all my life; it seems that he is right here in my listening room, we laughed and joked across the kitchen table while eating chicken sandwiches, that's how well I knew him, long before he became an entertainer; I knew him in childhood as a matter of fact, but this is not about him, it's about listening to a recording of a vocalist who's voice is just that familiar.

This is about the incredible improvement brought on by this "covid-19 grid". Since what I'm hearing is brought on by the grid, that means everybody's got it. Maybe they haven't noticed it, but they got it, "A more holographic sound".

Maybe you've had other things on your mind while listening to music, but it doesn't much matter where you are, due to this lock-down and fewer commercials in operation on your grid, it's much quieter, which means better audio.

If you've noticed, the most expensive gear has a separate power supply; that's all about turning noisy AC into DC. We don't have noisy AC now; consequently, your cheaper power supply is batting 100, and even if you have close to the best, it's even better now.

Since no one has mentioned this, I wonder if they have mastered the most important aspect of being an "Audiophile", and that's listening.

wolf_garcia >>>

• "Millercarbonfootprint simply needs to loosen the strap on his MAGA hat as it seems to be squeezing his head."  

Check the color of your ear hairs, Wolfie. If they're turning orange, it means that "The Orange Man" is living in your brain.

Frank