Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
Dear chris, Curious but we are again in France . What is the
function of those magnets in your Verdier La Platine? 
This was covered in detail on the Copernican thread.
I remember something about that. If the devices (such as the arm pod or the base of the platter system) use isomerics or the like between them and the plinth that **will** result in coloration. If carefully hard-coupled to the plinth the coloration is reduced. But using an arm pod is problematic as its likely that it will not be perfectly rigid and dead as the application requires.
Nikola - re your magnets question.
to best understand the French Connection and answer your question well. There is a brand new for 2020 AudioGon La Platine thread at this link.  

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/2020-update-jc-verdier-la-platine

I believe you will find your answers. But if you still have questions, prefer you ask them there to keep the pertinent information centralized.

This thread is about armboards and armpods. La Platine has a solid Aluminum Block Pillar that pivots. It is bolted to the top of the Plinth using serious bolts.

@atmasphere 

Atmasphere

I will let @halcro  (Henry) address any comments questions relating to his system.

Cheers

ct0517
and GK
Not sure what question or answer you are referring to, or if it was even directed to me. I was replying solely to Nikola’s post.
I will say however.

Blessed is the Audiophile that finds Audio Nirvana on a budget.

Kind of like you and your Walkman that you discuss here frequently. A shining excellent example for everyone to follow.

>>>>Back at ya, slick.
Slowly, inevitably, this thread is backsliding into the old argument that was the central topic in the Copernican thread.  I felt that over time (and months of haggling), Halcro's approach actually began to look like an idea I could like, so that eventually there was very little to argue about. And I went off on my rigid way with my tonearm pivot firmly connected to my bearing.  It's easier for walking around.