Revel Studio or Von Schweikert VR4 Mk1 or Salk HT3

Hey everyone....getting back into the hifi game and have been doing a lot of research on speakers.

I've "narrowed" it down to the following although it's quite a list at this point still...i'm sure i'll get a wide array of responses but that's what i'm looking for at this point especially some of the speakers i cannot demo due to factory direct sales.

Here's the short list:
Revel Ultima Studio (original)
Von Schweikert VR4 MkI
Salk Veracity HT3
Kef 207/2
Wilson Sophia (original)

I can just about find a set of any of these for around $4000-$4500 so looking for what everyone thinks is the best deal.

I've got a wide range of musical interests from Jazz to Acoustic to Rock.
jcote
Thanks wntrmute2. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck i want to do...I've shifted a little attention towards the other pieces i also need to pick up in my system. I've been favoring nice integrated's lately so looking at the NAD M2, Simaudio 5.3 and LFD Zero MkIII/IV.

Anyway back to the OP...There is a pair of Salk HT3 out there right now for $4000 local pickup...beautiful custom finish too but this "local" is about a 6 hour drive for me and tough to jump without hearing.

I've started to chop down my list a bit...
Salk HT3 (used)
Kef 207/2 (used) (~$6500)
VSA VR4SR MkI (used)

With the Salk and VSA, nobody i know has them to demo so tough to commit. VSA himself mentioned an issue with the phase plug on the MkI design which has me a little leery. I know they can be updated (at a pretty steep cost) to 90% of a VR5 though which I've read are fantastic.

But the Kef's I've heard and they are awesome...big but awesome. I don't know how the 205, 203, or 201 compare though so may be able to go that route if i get a chance and save on footprint and cost if i even get 70% of the 207 sound. Anybody have experience with the lower series Kef's?
Just placed my Monitor Audio GS10's and GSLCR up for sale...the process has begun =)
Check out the Salk forum on the Audio Circle. There is an audition list you can search or post to, hopefully finding a pair close to you to audition. I think I'd make a 6 hour trip to audition a speaker I was going to spend that kind of change for. Just bring a good sized vehicle, those speakers are big.