Active speakers for a large room

Hi, I am looking to replace my front pair of 17 year old Genelec 1029a active speakers, with 2 active speakers which must be undeniably superior to the old ones. Relevant information:

- the room is large, 36ft x 30ft x 12ft.
- We are seldom in the ideal listening position, so would prefer something multidirectional and immersive. Stereo imaging is of lesser importance. We are usually at least 10ft away from the nearest speaker, often to the side. 
- music genres are varied, including rock; jazz; classical
- I prefer a clean, revealing sound.
- the new speakers would be used in conjunction with a pair of REL Habitat subwoofers, which are very musical and would probably handle frequencies below around 75Hz. So, I think it would be a waste of money to pay for deep bass.
- connections are balanced (XLR) and there is in wall wiring. I prefer to keep it that way.
- stereo passes through an RME ADI DAC
- for movies, which are much less important, there are 3 more Genelec 1029a´s and a Primare P30 AV processor (which is in bypass mode for stereo)
- budget is up to $2,500 for the pair

Your help is appreciated and I look forward to seeing your thoughts. Cheers

garbo
Just to let you know, in the end I bought the pair of PMC result6. As soon as they were turned on I heard a big improvement, in all aspects. Aside from great clarity, they have a bigger presence in the room and wider dispersion. Naturally, with only stereo, volume varies through the room, but in most, possibly all, zones I think that the quality of sound is better than I could get at the price with multi-channel. Thanks for your comments.

Did you get to listen to a pair of meridian DSP8000’s?I imagine the bass presentation would be about opposite of what the pmc delivers but having only read reviews I don’t know.
I didn´t; somewhat out of my price range. + We have cats, so I needed them to be wall-mounted, away from easy reach.
Came across your post - in a similar boat  - can you also post a pic if possible on how you placed your speakers - do you get enough clarity and loudness in the room of that size with these speakers - they seem small for the space - thank you!