Another streaming newbie

Guys, I have tried to search and figure this out, because I know this topic has been well-covered. But I am still wandering in the dark, so plz forgive my redundant questions....

First, here's my current rig,: I built a Lenco table 15 yrs ago with a JMW 10 arm/London Super Gold that I run into a phono pre that I built from a pretty high end kit  (can't see the name, have no idea what it is now!) thru a VTL tube IT-85 integrated amp and then thru some SF Electa Amator II, supported by a sub I built.  So pretty mid-fi setup, but it really works for me.  Sounds great, to my ears.  

The Covid thing has me home (no golf in Los Angeles!), listening to music more. Would love to stream something that approaches the vinyl sound quality with a music service, but being retired, budget is more a concern now... I just subscribed to TIDAL with its premium level (MQA) that I was running straight from my iphone 6 to the VTL. Meh.  Then my daughter ran same stuff through her iphone 11 and, hey, that sounded better.  So, clearly, I am in need of a streaming DAC.  

I know MQA gets mixed reviews. I have no way really to test this or to go listen to stuff. Everything is shut down here. So here's the criteria that matters most to me:
  • A great UI app because now streaming is like going to the Smithsonian.  There's a lot to organize. 
  • Great sound. (whatever that means!) 
  • One box.  Cables get expensive & messy.  
  • I'd like to keep it under $2K. I'd really like to keep it under $1K, but that may be wishful thinking.  I mean, is Bluesound Node 2 up to it? I am sure it would beat my daughters iphone 11, but ... what are reasonable streamers/DACS?  Where's the killer solution that isn't $10K?  I know it's out there....
I am not so far into TIDAL that I can't change. My system is in the same room as my router, so I can run an ethernet cable to the DAC.  As I have looked at all of this, it has occurred to me to get an older, much higher quality used DAC that I can somehow mesh with TIDAL (or another service with high quality streaming) and forget the MQA.  But this has to somehow hook into my internet directly and be able to be run by a remote UI.  So now my head is spinning.

Thanks for your input.  Chuck
chuckccs
Chuck - The reason I suggested the NAD M-10 for you is your desire for a one box solution for streamer and DAC. Why not take it a step further and replace your integrated as well?
The M-10 retails for $2750 but it replaces your entire system. It also has analog inputs so you can simply plug and play your vinyl chain. With the 60 day free trial, you can listen and determine if you feel it improves upon what you are accustomed to hearing.
Do yourself a favor and read the many reviews. The only recurring complaint I have noticed is the lack of a headphone jack. The Bluesound platform is immensely convenient and reliable. This is my first move into streaming. Back in Sept. of 2019, I was as confused and intimidated as you say you are. Now all I do is tap my phone a couple of times and I have 70,000 radio stations from around the world and most of the music ever recorded at my immediate disposal. What beats that? Try Qobuz.
Do not be swayed by the purists. You learned to ignore them when you designed the system you currently love. Continuing that practice is, as you know, in your best interest. BTW - I'm 72 years old and long retired.
The M-10 weighs all of 11 lbs. and requires no wires other than speaker cables and an AC cord. You can even skip the ethernet cable if you like.It also has dual sub outs. The Dirac live comes in the package also. It is one of the best room correction systems available and comes along with a dedicated microphone. Very easy to use. All you need to do is download the app. Same thing with Bluos operating system - just download it and go.
@michaela Yes, you can stream through your Oppo 105.  The newer models don't do offer that, but yours will do it.  You can stream Tidal and Pandora as well as any music you might have on your network.
Some have suggested buying a Bluesound and an external DAC.  If you like the Bluesound app and the Bluesound's features, an external DAC can provide better sound quality. 

But like the rest of your system, everything matters.  If you're looking for the best sound quality, skip the Bluesound. 

Adding an expensive DAC to the Bluesound is kind of like putting a $1,000 cartridge on a $500 turntable.  Sure, it'll sound better than the stock cart it came with, but you won't come close to what that $1,000 cartridge is capable of, because the turntable isn't up to the task.
I stream with Qobuz using an iPhone 6s to an Audioengine B1 connected to a tube preamp. 
I’ve tried Pandora, Apple, Spotify and Tidal but presently am using Qobuz and prefer the sound quality even at lower steaming settings.

The Audioengine B1 is a cheap entry to streaming but sounds very good to me..