I need advice on bi amping

So I have a Citation 11 pre-amp into a Quatre DLH 100 amp pushing a pair of Veritas 2.4s and two subs. The amp and pre-amp and Veritas were all re-worked by Stan Sciban in KC, great guy. I have a chance to pick up another Quatre DLH 100. Can incorporating it into what I have give me more of what I want and if so, what is the best way to go, vertical or horizontal? I do not want to buy another crossover, the ones in the Veritas are excellent in my mind.
kshalfmann

heaudio123
"
Ignore the specs for power on the speakers."

That is extremely poor, misinformed, unconsidered advice ignoring power recommendations for speakers is the first step for failing to tune, optimize, and protect you're speaker system.
There is nothing wrong with having a powerful system as long as you like it.  My 2 channel system is 350 watts per side.  The speakers are rated at 600 watts so I like power.  Volume is not my main concern, quality is.  My experience with bi-amping comes from my home theater rig. I used 2 channels of the 11.2 available to bi-amp the front left and right. The set up took the 140 watts per channel to 280 for 2 channels driven and less when all 11 are being used.  The B&W 803's sound great. I'm using 2 B&W DB4 subs from the preamp out connectors.  Also, I use a Furman Elite 20 pfi power conditioner which has up to 45 amps of peak reserves if needed on a 20 amp circuit.  The system sounds as though it is performing effortlessly at all times.  My advice is to go for the second amp and bi-amp your speakers.  Just be sure that you use the best wire you can buy whether your interconnects or speaker wires are short or long.  I've heard the arguments for short speaker wires but I've never had a room or amps where I could do that kind of set up.  Happy listening.
Clearthink, Long on superlatives, and insults, as usual conveying absolutely no information and bringing nothing to the conversation.

To the op, you can ignore "posts" like these from people just out to insult others. Speaker "power" specs are near meaningless. The recommended amplification for your speakers is "up to 250W". What does that mean? Not a whole lot. The majority of speaker "events", i.e. smoke, are from under-powered amplifiers drove into serious clipping, usually by someone using them in "party" mode, not actually listening to music, and to most it would be very obvious something is not "okay". In theory you can bottom out a speaker with a high powered amplifier but again, you are going to notice something is not "right".

Odds are for that speaker, the woofers are rated somewhere around 250W, the tweeters a whole lot less. No one ever drives, except when testing, 250W continuous into a speaker ....

clearthink1,150 posts04-28-2020 10:27am
heaudio123
"Ignore the specs for power on the speakers."

That is extremely poor, misinformed, unconsidered advice ignoring power recommendations for speakers is the first step for failing to tune, optimize, and protect you’re speaker system.

heaudio123
"
Clearthink, Long on superlatives, and insults, as usual conveying absolutely no information and bringing nothing to the conversation."

Those who lack knowledge, understanding, and plain logic often result to personal attack, insult , and derision in an effort to appear thoughtful, authoritative, and expert so from those type of people I actually accept the "insult" as an actual compliment or praise. Thank you heaudio and best of luck to you in you're journey towards truth!