Auralic Vega G1 vs Hegel H390 internal DAC ? Anyone?

I know this is a very specific ask, but if you don't ask you don;t get...
My system:
NAS (Synology DS1819+) for music storage
Intel Corei5 NUC running ROON ROCK
Connected via GB ethernet to Auralic Vega G1 DAC and then via XLR to Hegel H390

ALSO
Connected via Phaser Lush USB to iFI Purifier3 to USB input of Hegel H390

I am trying to determine whether to hang on to the Auralic or to switch to the Hegel's internal DAC and free up budget for the next project.

I think I can hear a difference, but it is not night and day, which in itself is a major win for the Hegel considering the Auralic is a $3500 DAC.

Have any Hegel 390 owners done similar tests and if so, what were your findings? What did you look for and what was the outcome?
Thanks
pvanosta
Following. I have an ELAC DDP-2 and a Kitsune Edition Hollow Audio Spring 2 DAC that I can run with my H390 when it returns from service and considering Which to keep or just run the H390. 
Logically, you’d assume that the $3,500 DAC would have the edge, but the proof is what YOUR ears tell you. Try and do some critical listening with some music you know well. If you can’t really hear enough difference to make it worth the $3,500, and that money could be better used elsewhere, then sell the Auralic. 
There is some good DAC info on the Hegel 590 in the review posted below. It is supposed to have a similar sounding DAC as the 390. Maybe worth your while to read.

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/1220-hegel-music-systems-h590-integrated-...