Spatial Audio open baffle speakers, who has them? Worthwhile change from Maggies?

Of late have been eying the Spatial Audio line of open baffle speakers and like what I have seen and read so far.
Now I am extremely happy with my baby Maggies which have easily bested any and all box speakers in my room ( that I can afford anyways!).
So looking for opinions and views from actual owners of said open baffle speakers, what did you change from and what are the real strengths of the Spatials?
Not short of horsepower to feed them even though they do not need much juice by all accounts but you know the old saying, " too much is never enough!"
Thanks in advance.
128x128uberwaltz
@uberwaltz 

Focal - B&W 803 - Usher - Wilson - Kef - Monitor Audio - Joseph Audio - Maggies.
That is an impressive list of speakers so, you must really be enjoying your Spatial’s if they best (for you) everything on that list.

Kudos to you for your appetite for Music (as we all know) plus your tenacity in pursuing the ultimate in sound.

Doug
Probably at least 50% of is my acoustically awful room.
Regular box speakers just do not work.
And unfortunately wifely constraints mean no real treatments allowed!
“wifely constraints“ LOL 

But she’s okay with you buying all of the different speakers! Sounds like you need a man cave away of the rest of the house.
Seriously continued good luck with the new speakers.
Aside from your room not functioning for certain speakers my hats off to you for trying what appears to be some of the best. Most of which I only have heard at the RMAF.

Actually I have ran the gamut (on a smaller scale) with “box” speakers and I am now enjoying Magnepan LRS.’s. I have heard the Spatial’s (I forget the model #s) and they are indeed like Magnepan’s on steroids. 

Cheers. 

Oz,

I noticed in your list of speakers that you’ve owned a pair of Wilson Audio Sofia’s. I heard them years ago and always wanted a pair and was waiting for a used pair of the version 3’s to reach my budget. My brother and cousin own a pair of Wilson Audio Watt Puppy V.5 & V7, with Conrad Johnson preamps and mono blocks, so I know the Wilson sound well and looked forward to joining the W/A family. BUT, I continued to research a myriad of traditional “box” speakers and everything I’ve ever heard just seemed like something was missing. I listen to 90% traditional jazz and its hard for a speaker to reproduce the true sound of a piano. I stumbled upon the world of OBD speakers, although I have never heard them, and was shocked at all the positive reviews. As a result of my research, I had narrowed it down to Pure Audio Project or Spatial Audio X5. I’ve spoken to Ze’ev of PAP and Clayton of Spatial Audio and I’m leaning heavy on the Spatial Audio X5 once I have sold my Paradigm Signature 6 speakers.

So, have you concluded that your Spatial Audio X3’s smoke the Wilson Audio Sofia’s? How would you compare the differences between the two?

Lastly, have you ever heard any Pure Audio Project speakers, if so, how do they compare to
your X3’s?

Thanks in advance!